er9xr760

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
miss5031

er9xr760

Post by miss5031 »

I posted this on the other thread on er9xr753. I flashed the update er9xr760 and it went fine until I tried to put a custom flash screen, the screen went blank and no sounds or anything. I took it loose from the computer and put in battery and still nothing. I hope I didn't brick my TX, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :(

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: er9xr760

Post by MikeB »

I've just tested downloading er9x r760, it worked fine. I then read the splash screen from it, inverted the image, and updated the hex file. I then flashed that, it also worked fine, with the inverted splash screen. Not sure what the problem is. So just flash the er9x.hex file, as it is on the web site, with no custom splash, and we will work on from there.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I'll give this a shot. I have another nice custom splash screen that is inverted, maybe I will try it now. Thank you for you guidance and expert advice.
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I could only get er9xr758 to load right, but my tx doesn't even come on with power from computer. Maybe my lcd went out or something. I need major help here.
Crucial

er9xr760

Post by Crucial »

If it responds to the programmer then it's possible that your EEPROM has a contrast setting that is too low for the screen to work. Try creating a new EEPROM file with a contrast setting of 30 in eepe and uploading that.

miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I flashed er9xr760 this morning w/o custom splash and all is fine. At this point I don't want to temp fate so I'll stick w/normal splash screen. Thanks for the advice to get mt TX back. I was worried I had fried it after only having it a couple of months.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I flew r760 today Frsky version and had some issues with the telemetry display for winged shadow how high. Going back o r758 made it all ok again. Please take a look at the code differance between the two when possable.
There are also the same trpe errors or no action at all on ersky9x r56 and the latest open9x I have from several day ago. Cp9x said it couldn't DL when I tried for a newer version this morning?
I messed up and didn't write all the errors on each FW but again please take a look at those as well in the area of alarms, altitude display and imp vs met not being able to be selected or no change at all.
I guess each fw issues should be posted in each topic on it but i took a chance and posted it all here.
I'll wait until the next updates to try all the FW again.
For now r753 on er9x Frsky 9x seems to work the best. My ersky9x tx flys my test plane great, just the alarms and telemetry is not quite right on any of the FW's for it yet. I have not tried th9x or gruvins fw yet.
Maybe I should start a topic in each section for progress reports and comparisons of all the FW's when used on each version hardware?
SM
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I just upgraded to r760. (I skipped r758 because of the splash screen problem) Slight problem with this version. With full length model names, the name goes off the end of the display, and partially wraps around. I have several models with 10 character names and they all exhibit this behaviour. The splash screen and everything else are apparently fine. I temporarily went back to an older version.

Also, the current Mac version of eepe doesn't support the second timer switch yet.

Can anyone else confirm this naming problem?

Thanks,
Dan
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, I changed the method used to display the name, and got the positioning slightly wrong, it is only a display problem, everything functions correctly.
I doubt eepe supports my changes, I haven't got into changing eepe really, need some time, or someone else to keep it updated.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I posted this elsewhere but just found this topic already open so I'll do it again here.
I just helped a friend flash his 9x to just er9x r760 using eepe. Just er9x was selected for download, no frsky or other mods have been done except a SP programmer board addition. Eepe downloaded the latest r760 revision and we used it to update the 9x FW. now when power is turned on a THR and ELE switch error message stays on the display until the switches are pulled back towards the sticks, just the opposite of normal for all switches at power up. The diagnostic screen shown the switches working normally?
I do not have this problem with my 9x using r760 but I have all the frsky and speaker mods so I assume my version of r760 is a different compiled version of FW so we're not using the same revision as a comparison so it's of no help?
I'm not sure how to proceed but so if the diagnostic screen is correct it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.
If anyone reading this is just using er9x without any switch error messages please post the version FW that's working for you and I'll try that first. I'm going to attempt to locate older er9x only FW versions and download them to try to sort this out. Is it HW or FW?
I did get a reply from my other post saying there may be switch mode options that could be used now and maybe that's the trouble? Anyone familiar with that? The error was there after the new flash first time with power on. No options had been selected yet. We also tried a new blank model memory. I don't have this TX in my possession so I'm just researching it and gathering other FW revisions for now. I did look in my er9x frsky TX for switch options but so far nothing obvious.
Thank you
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The default switch setting is a radio setting, not a model setting.
Use LONG LEFT, then scroll down a long way to find the setting.

Probably, the location used to store this information, was used for something else, so wasn't zero.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

MikeB wrote:The default switch setting is a radio setting, not a model setting.
Use LONG LEFT, then scroll down a long way to find the setting.

Probably, the location used to store this information, was used for something else, so wasn't zero.

Mike.
Thanks Mike.
Is there a good way to zero out all memories and mixes to start over fresh after a flash?
Is there a direct link to older FW's?
I see 706 stable as an option. I'm helping several install programmers and install FW usually at our field.

I want to have a few stable and newer version FW's on my netbook to try as a backup. many are just going to er9x and staying with the original tx module. In fact there's a fun fly today and I got a call to please bring my soldering station and what ever else I need to help out a few that got their programmers this week. Some SP some solder in USB. I ask no pay but do ask that they get on board here and donate as payment. I hope they follow up. I may insist they bring me a printout of a paypal donation if they want my follow up help as a little nudge.
Thanks again
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

AFAIK the only way to zero the EERPOM is to get it to format itself.
I would suggest:
Start with a stock radio, flash er9x.
Now run er9x, it should format the eeprom.
Calibrate the sticks, you always need to do this anyway.
Read the eeprom into eepe, copy in any models (not the general settings), then put the eeprom back.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Found it, tried it and it works on my TX so I'm sure it'll work on his.
Thanks again Mike, and also gohsthb for his post saying it was probably a menu setting It was I just couldn't find it and didn't know it was there. It did give me hope that it wasn't anything wrong in the tx and programmer install. Since I'm doing a few installs and flash help today at the field knowing this is a big help since I'm supposed to teach them? No internet there so I'm on my own today ha ha.
SM

Return to “er9x”