9x full programmer mod power consumption

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
dusan

9x full programmer mod power consumption

Post by dusan »

Trying to make sense of instructions: http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... Programmer
The usbasp will consume power all the time, even when not connected to the usb. Anyone who has done this can tell what is the power consumption?
Thanks,
Dusan

dusan

Re: 9x full programmer mod power consumption

Post by dusan »

The more I think about this the more it seems a bad idea; the usbasp chip could get power trough the miso, mosi, reset lines and protection diodes, start running unreliable if the BOD is not programmed correctly and pull the main chip reset low when you are happily flying your latest bought expensive model. Even though is it OK to rely on BOD for this not to happen? I think some kind of switch is needed to eliminate the usbasp from the circuit if there is no usb power as in the smartieparts board.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The published mod shows the programmer being always powered (as you mentioned in your first post)... So the comment about getting power from the data lines is irrelevant.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

dusan wrote:. Anyone who has done this can tell what is the power consumption?
Thanks,
Dusan
in the past I had done some current consumption tests on usbasp. If I recall it was about 40ma when idle and 80ma when programming. This was on an older style usbasp that included a 3.3v regulator( which was usually bypassed).

Return to “Hardware”