Flysky TH9X ER9X blank screen problem

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
hmarkvitz

Flysky TH9X ER9X blank screen problem

Post by hmarkvitz »

I have created a video explaining the problem of the transmitter. Using the usbasp I can get the transmitter showing a the normal screen, but nothing happens when I use the battery, the module receives power but the transmitter software doesn't but up or show anything on the screen.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu5otcCmHsc

jhsa

Re: Flysky TH9X ER9X blank screen problem

Post by jhsa »

I think The battery voltage might not be getting to the processor.
It works with the programmer because it is powering the processor directly.
First to do. Make sure the connector that comes from the back board is fully inserted.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
hmarkvitz

Post by hmarkvitz »

jhsa wrote:I think The battery voltage might not be getting to the processor.
It works with the programmer because it is powering the processor directly.
First to do. Make sure the connector that comes from the back board is fully inserted.

João
You should note as I think I stated in the video, I took apart the controller and remove the back motherboard to trim the plastic off the pin guards in the module bay. The DJT module wouldn't fit otherwise. I think it's a problem with that board but I don't know because the weird thing is that if I connect the backlight power to the main board, it will turn on when I power it with the battery. So basically my backlight is getting power from the main board but my transmitter doesn't boot up. Can you clarify what you mean by "making sure the connector from the back board is fully inserted"?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

There is only one commector coming from the back board and it plugs to a connector at the top of the mainboard.. just make sure all connectors are fully inserted..
Also maybe you could unplug the backlight from the mainboard and plug the connectors as they were before. I have read that some backlight had problems..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Hi. I looked at your video. Is it possible you plugged your new battery in backwards at one time and blew the voltage regulator ? this is a common issue. Here is why I have determined to possibly be your issue.

1. Unit does not power up from battery with rf modules plugged in. I am assuming it does not power up with no rf module plugged in back.
2. rf module does have power up from battery and beeps . ( this is because the rf module connection does not use the voltage regulator)
3. when you use the usbasp the radio does power up. ( this is because the usbasp is powering your mcu and lcd. It probably isnt enough power to power the rf module)
4. you get an eeprom error when upgrading the firmware ( I believe this is normal if the eeprom has no data on it, but could be mistaken)

Most people with a blank display do not get a usable display when powering by usbasp. The most common reason for a blank display is loading the wrong firmware or having the contrast set improperly. I think your case is different.

Lets see what others think and in the meantime be looking up the fix for the backwards battery.

MAC99

Re:I have a very simaluer thing

Post by MAC99 »

working in the screens it just gos blank mod lighting to hole off I then removed the bat. and weight little wile bat back in turn on for short time it worked. the longer I leave off the longer it would stay on. it was only a short time less then the splash screen
I did not think to see if the scream would work with USB it Duse

I finely got to flash new version. I have had the back open many times I have NOT EVER INVERTED the bat wire
I will open it again and look for lose connectors maybe other RC sufferer will take pity on my trials.

MAC
Fiestafrog

Post by Fiestafrog »

I am having the exact same problem and I also did the plastic shave to fit the f's mod. Did you ever solve this?

Return to “Hardware”