Advertising on forum?

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Advertising on forum?

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello,

Just want to get a general gauge from the community regarding advertising on the forum.

I have not really considered it much until now; however long term I may need to look at limited advertising space to keep things running.

At the moment - it is no real cost issue I am simply absorbing the cost within my existing business for the hardware etc.

Long term.. if the size gets huge, I may need to look at funding the hardware & bandwidth for it!

Is anyone horribly against limited add space?

I stress this would be limited. I do not like adverts slowing everything down!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

GrootWitbaas

Re: Advertising on forum?

Post by GrootWitbaas »

If i get a frsky telemetry module and rx out of the deal for testing and reviewing I have no problem with it. Would love to have one to see if I can get multiwii setup info displayed on my er9x via the serial link they have back from the rx :)

We are so used to advertisements on the net that a small banner or something won't bother most I think
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
PNaz

Post by PNaz »

Keep advertising below the amount on RC Groups and I don't think very many will have an issue

Paul
pesadilla

Post by pesadilla »

If you find some advertising... go for it!!

I've been running a website and forum for more than 5 years without sponsoring or advertising and to be honest it's starting to bother me.

I think that everybody will prefer some advertising instead of having to pay for the firmware (or for the advantages of this forum).

I really appreciate all the work and time you guys are investing in this great project and only wish that I had the knowledge to contribute in some way.

Greetz,

Pesadilla
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I have now put the google adverts in that I intended to.

I dont intend to add any more than this :)

As you can see I have kept them relatively low profile.

From the look of things sofar this enables me to get circa £5 per week back on advertising. Not much - but covers some of the cost of the actual server & bandwidth.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

No one expects you to do this out of your own pocket. I think the ads you put is are very low key and very unobtrusive.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!

Return to “Feedback”