Haptic Module NOT working (Taranis with FrSky Haptic)

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
netsrac

Haptic Module NOT working (Taranis with FrSky Haptic)

Post by netsrac »

I can't get the original FrSky Haptic Module to work in my Taranis using Firmware 2.0.3 and companion 2.0.2 (MacOS Version).

I've installed the Module in my Taranis, selected the "haptic" option in the Build Options, flashed the firmware, turned on Haptic to "All" in the menu...However, nothing happens, no vibration.

I checked the power on the Module and it is getting 3.3V, however, I can not check the signal line.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the FrSky Haptic Module work for others using OpenTX 2.0.3? Just wanna try to understand if this is a hardware or a software issue.

Thanks....Netsrac

j0bro

Re: Haptic Module NOT working (Taranis with FrSky Haptic)

Post by j0bro »

Just installed a haptic module in my B01 Taranis and ... nothing! My soldering is OK and the module looks fine. Enabled the option in the FW (OpenTX 2.0.12) and set it to 'All' but to no avail.
How can this be properly tested?

I got the haptic from Aloft Hobbies and the Taranis from HobbyKing.
WZ9V

Post by WZ9V »

I know it works with 2.0.8 but it is weak and a pain to install right. Took me two tries to get it soldered in right so that it worked. Good luck.
Diablol

Post by Diablol »

Hello,
mine doesnt work, too.

3,3V is ok, modul is ok, but it seems no signal is coming. 2.0.12.
j0bro

Post by j0bro »

Is there any news on this?

amelluk

Post by amelluk »

Is this fixed yet?
I just installed the FrSky upgrade module in a rev A taranis with 2.0.15 and it does not work. What is puzzling me is that I see a signal on the board when haptic is triggered.

I covered this in more detail over at:
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=5374&p=94461#p94461
j0bro

Post by j0bro »

Well, I fixed this in the end by replacing the vibration motor. It turned out one of the leads came loose from the motor casing. Luckily I had a vibration motor laying around, one that is a little bit bigger than the original one.
I don't know for sure if the update from 2.0.12 -> 2.0.15 did anything to this but I did it anyway just to be sure and up to date.

So it might be a good thing to check the motor leads on yours of you have a non working module. For completeness I added the 'before' and 'after' photos of the mod.

Before:
IMG_20150328_011116.jpg
After:
IMG_20150328_173444.jpg

Return to “openTx”