Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
NebuK

Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

Post by NebuK »

Hi,

I'm often flying in free periods of uni, or with some kind of upcoming dates after hitting the field. When thermal soaring and looking up, one often forgets to check the time.

Sooo, i was thinking -- i have the earbud of the Taranis in my ear anyways, it has a RTC and it can read out stuff, right? So why not make it announce the time?

After playing around a bit, i couldn't not figure out how to make OpenTX (on the Taranis) announce the time every half hour / quarter hour / w/e.

I'd be grateful for any input on that :D. Most likely its already possible but i can't figure out how.

Thanks and Best Regards
-NebuK

bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

Post by bertrand35 »

OpenTX can play the real time, but there is no condition such as every half hour / quarter of an hour etc. it would play every 1/2h, 1/4h after the flight start, I don't think it's what you need => feature request
NebuK

Re: Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

Post by NebuK »

Hi Bertrand,

thanks for your reply -- i'll open a feature-request on the GitHub-Tracker then.

Best Regards
-NebuK

Return to “openTx”