Creating templates companion 2.0.3

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
barjunk

Creating templates companion 2.0.3

Post by barjunk »

Where is a good place to find information for creating templates?

The ones that are there are good, but I'd like to possibly create some others.

Thanks for your ideas and thoughts.

Mike B.

Kilrah

Re: Creating templates companion 2.0.3

Post by Kilrah »

Not sure what you mean by templates, there are no more templates in 2.0, we have the model wizard which is coded in C+ like the rest of companion (and could indeed use some help, it's still a work in progress).

Otherwise you can jsut program a model the way you want and save it, then reload, copy and modify when you want to add a new similar model.
barjunk

Post by barjunk »

What sort of help does it need? I'd be happy to look at it to see if there is anything I can do.

Mike B.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Well, run the Wizard and see what's missing or could be improved - for now for example there is no support for helicopters at all. Some people would like being able to choose which switch is used for example for flaps, throttle cut etc (hardcoded now), some would like the throttle cut to be of the "sticky" type,...
barjunk

Post by barjunk »

Sorry for being dense, but what Wizard are you talking about? There ins't anything in the companion menu's that I saw nor are there any obvious choices in the radio....so what am I missing?

Mike B.

dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

Open a new models and settings file.
Right click one of the empty lines.
There is a wizard option there.
The default is to also use the wizard when you create a new model by double clicking on an empty line. This function might be turned off in the settings, depending on if you upgraded from companion9x or made a fresh install. companion9x also had a wizard, but I think that that one was turned off for most people. The old setting is carried over if Companion 2 is installed on a computer that has ever had companion9x installed.
barjunk

Post by barjunk »

Thanks.

Found a reference to it here as well: http://www.open-tx.org/2014/06/02/lua-wizard/

Mike B.
barjunk

Post by barjunk »

I like the Wizard!

Nice work!
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Creating templates companion 2.0.3

Post by dvogonen »

As you might have discovered there is not one, but two Wizards available. The one I and Kilrah talked about is in Companion and the one you mentioned is in the radio itself. There is never to much of a good thing :-)

In both cases they are works in progress and lack support for helicopters. I am afraid that there is not a single helicopter pilot in the OpenTX team, which makes it difficult to get that part done.

Return to “companion9x”