OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
iloveopenrc

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by iloveopenrc »

bertrand35 wrote:Do you have this problem also on the splash screen and then on all screens until shutdown?
when the issue appears, it always is there from the very first second of turning on and stayed till i turn the remote off.
it never appeared during normal operation.
the upper screen-half works normally throughout the menues.
i think it could be a timing problem during the display controller initialization phase.
at least i know such "half-screen initialized display"-phenomena from my own project works when initializing too early or too fast.

hope that helps debugging.

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Thanks, it helps!
Obviously it's not a memory overwrite problem, but either a hardware issue or a LCD driver issue, I really prefer that!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Broken system Sounds ???????:

So we have billions and billions of people updating to OpenTX, some even using the Wizard LUA script for OpenTX 2.0. BUT -- is there a problem with broken system sounds if they don't update to the most recent sound package as well? I'm fairly confident that virtually nobody is changing their sounds.

If in fact some of the sound names changed - is there any sort of list so that those using custom sound packages can make necessary adjustments.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Because you have increased the processor clock speed, you will have increased the speed of SPI to the display as it is "bit-banged" by the processor. You may be exceeding the LCD rated speed during initialisation, or be very marginal.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
dvogonen

Re: Sv: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by dvogonen »

Back in November I helped MikeB with some tests of Taranis versions of ersky9x. My radio exhibited the exact same problem as above and would have parts of the screen grayed out on occasions. The radio was functional and rebooting it fixed the problem.
I think that the problem was due to some kind of initialization timing. Mike changed something that made the problem stop. My radio never had the problem before or after.

dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

Found it:
viewtopic.php?p=65725#p65725
It is not the problem that is reported in the linked post, but it is reported a few posts down.
Sadly Mike does not describe what he did to fix the problem, it just goes away in some of all the consecutive versions I tested.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Scott Page wrote: So we have billions and billions of people updating to OpenTX, some even using the Wizard LUA script for OpenTX 2.0. BUT -- is there a problem with broken system sounds if they don't update to the most recent sound package as well?
Updating the sounds is required indeed to have the new alerts for RxBatt, A3 and A4. I think that's all. See the companion supplied pack or audio_arm.cpp for the names.

And any custom sounds with filenames >8 characters need to be renamed to max 8 chars.
HWal

Post by HWal »

May be I should have understood this easier. Regretfully not, so please forgive my confusion.

What is the recommended way of installing OpenTX 2.0.0 Companion? I am on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and there seems to be an RPM file only available for download. How is this normally done?

Also, once upgraded, what should I do with the soundfiles?

Thanks,
Helge.
HWal

Post by HWal »

Sorry, found needed information in the OpenTX 2.0.0 Thread.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

A couple people are reporting that they are getting A1 alarms since moving to 2.0. Both posts are included here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=269
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Kilrah wrote:
Scott Page wrote: So we have billions and billions of people updating to OpenTX, some even using the Wizard LUA script for OpenTX 2.0. BUT -- is there a problem with broken system sounds if they don't update to the most recent sound package as well?
Updating the sounds is required indeed to have the new alerts for RxBatt, A3 and A4. I think that's all. See the companion supplied pack or audio_arm.cpp for the names.

And any custom sounds with filenames >8 characters need to be renamed to max 8 chars.
Attached is a .pdf of the .csv I harvested from http://voices-20.open-tx.org/opentx-taranis/en/

What is the story behind the ! in the phrase column?
2014-06-04_16-24-35.jpg
2014-06-04_16-24-35.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 17710 times
Attachments
openTX 2.0 SOUNDS.pdf
(171.43 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
offers

Post by offers »

Voice file length...

Is it possible that voice file in version 1.x was valid up to 8 characters,
and now they don't work for me unless I shorten them to 6 characters?
:?
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

offers wrote:Voice file length...

Is it possible that voice file in version 1.x was valid up to 8 characters,
and now they don't work for me unless I shorten them to 6 characters?
:?
.wav tracks need to be 8 characters or less not including the .wav suffix for version 2.0
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

6-4-2014 9-20-29 PM.jpg
Well the .wav tracks playing in the custom functions seems generally - but not universally a non working. The fact that it works for some but not most is really curious.
offers

OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by offers »

I am using voice file to declare the flight mode, using custom functions.

1. They worked in ver 1.x with 8 chars
2. They not worked after upgrade to 2.0
3. They now working after changing the names to 6 characters!!

Bug or feature?

Offer
fe3

Post by fe3 »

Open TX 2 Companion will read eeprom but when i go to write back to transmitter I get " Cannot write destination" Should I try a new model or a card problem
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Scott Page wrote: What is the story behind the ! in the phrase column?
Adding punctuation or writing things in a weird way is a common trick to get the text to speech engine output to sound better. For example with some you might want to write "open, tee ex" so that it says OpenTX correctly...
The PDF is simply a list of what's used for the automatic pack generation.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

iloveopenrc wrote:Is this screen issue a known Bug?
I get it from time to time when turning the remote on.
I am running 2.00 Version.
Would you contact me by email?
Today we have 1910 firmwares of OpenTX 2.0 for Taranis which were delivered in 2 days and it seems you are the only one with this kind of issue, but I want to give it a try, adding some delays here and there in the LCD driver!

Bertrand
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

dvogonen wrote:Found it:
viewtopic.php?p=65725#p65725
It is not the problem that is reported in the linked post, but it is reported a few posts down.
I added in some code to reset the LCD properly, rather than rely on a power on reset.
Part of the initialisation includes telling the LCD controller what size (width and height) the actual display area is. If this doesn't get set properly, than part of the display never gets written, so just displays random 'noise' from the display memory at power up.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Awap

Post by Awap »

Hope to find help for a 2.0.0. issue. Posted this one by accident in the RCGroups before, sorry for that.
If I change the countdown from timers 1 and 2 (in the setup menu) from the pre-set "silent" to beeps or voice, they "reset" themseves back to "silent" after saving the changes (backup) in OpenTX.
After burning the model-backup.bin to the TX voice or beep are correct used.
But after making other changings in the bin-file, it seems that randomly voice or beep are changed back in "silent" in the TX also. Randomly because sometimes they appear correctly in the TX, but after a some copying the bin files it's "silent" again in the TX.
As a check if saving is correct I changed at the same time a different time setting and these are remembered well in the TX and OpenTX.

As a deviation I can make in 2.0 my own countdown timer in the CF .. errr... in the Special Funtions, but it seems not right for me :roll:
I reinstalled OpenTX Companion without result. Seems that OpenTX will not remember this variable very well.
Awap

Post by Awap »

Just noticed another issue: The Manual stored pot positions are not remembered in the TX if a model-backup.bin file. Not sure when the stored position disappears. Sometimes after switching models in the TX or also when the models.bin file is burned again to the TX.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Awap wrote:If I change the countdown from timers 1 and 2 (in the setup menu) from the pre-set "silent" to beeps or voice, they "reset" themseves back to "silent" after saving the changes (backup) in OpenTX.
Fixed already.
Awap wrote:Just noticed another issue: The Manual stored pot positions are not remembered in the TX if a model-backup.bin file.

Can't reproduce, works fine here... how exactly are you backing up?
Awap

Post by Awap »

Kilrah wrote:
Awap wrote:If I change the countdown from timers 1 and 2 (in the setup menu) from the pre-set "silent" to beeps or voice, they "reset" themseves back to "silent" after saving the changes (backup) in OpenTX.
Fixed already.
Awap wrote:Just noticed another issue: The Manual stored pot positions are not remembered in the TX if a model-backup.bin file.

Can't reproduce, works fine here... how exactly are you backing up?
1. Thanks, didn't notice. Will be implemented in version 2.0.1?
2. edit models, save, write backup to radio. Or: backup radio to file, open model backup file, edit, save, write backup to radio.
Had this issue a number of times. Played more with it: seems that it works now.
Maybe I didn't save TX on OPenTX, so the pot settings were lost... Cannot remember. :oops:
My way of setting up pot positions: pot in required position, highlite with short enter, long enter until beep foor saving settings, next pot, etx. If pot is not highlited but only pot positions stored with long enter the middle position is stored?
I'll be back if I loose my pot positions again...
davx

Post by davx »

bertrand35 wrote:
Scott Page wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight and probably should keep my big mouth shut -- but it seems to me that using the name FIRMWARE would be wise and also grammatically correct. If there were a variety of different firmware (receivers, sensors, etc) then the plural would be correct, but if all assets in that folder are for controlling the transmitter then singular is correct.
Yes, that folder could contain a variety of different fimware(s), not only OpenTX, and not only firmware(s) for the transmitter. I choosed "FIRMWARES" because all folder names are plural in OpenTX. If grammatically FIRMWARE is the best choice I will change, but well, first search on the web showed me this one http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ , so I am really not sure.
Hi,

I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I've started reading comments about the famous word "firmwares" on RcGroups and after a little research, it appears that this noun, as already noted by some people here, is invariable.
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/d ... n/firmware

Is spellchecking should not prevail over other considerations ?

Tchao
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As mentioned above search for "Firmwares" on google and you'll find tons of results. So maybe it's gramatically wrong, but we're not the only ones to use it, it's been discussed and decided to keep it, and as it's now released it's too late to change without confusing everybody anyway. So that's how it is.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It was, however, released much earlier in the singular form for ersky9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So for the computer should we call it software or softwares?? :D
But for me is the same. the only thing is that if people want to try both opentx and ersky9x, they would have to burn the right bootloader, or just change the firmware(s) folder name?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

This is getting a bit confusing. This thread was all about pre-release problems, yet it is still being used to bring up matters concerning the official release. Trying to follow things on two threads that is about the same thing (as of the release of 2.0) is giving me a headache. Not good! :(
PNaz

Post by PNaz »

Confusing? FIRMWARES? My Sky9x bootloader with OpenTX 2.0.0 only reads .bin files from the Firmware directory.

Paul
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

PNaz wrote:My Sky9x bootloader with OpenTX 2.0.0 only reads .bin files from the Firmware directory.
I think your Sky9x bootloader with OpenTX 2.0.0 may only read .bin files from the FirmwareS directory?

Confusing :lol: :shock: :D :| :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “openTx”