9x RX loses bind and wont get it back

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
m00se

9x RX loses bind and wont get it back

Post by m00se »

Hi,
I have had a 9x in my axn clouds for about a year and on a cuad for about 2 years.

Last year i was playing with the axn with no problems, and during the winter i decided to change the servos, only some cheapo tge9 or something like that, but much nicer than the originals .

i took it out last week, all ready for an fpv maiden, and luckily i noticed that when i gave quick commands on the ailerons, the Rx basically turned off, and wouldnt come back on until the tx was reset.

Thinking I had a power issue i took all servos out and bench tested them , they al consume about 0.8 amps on full load. I have put a BEC in on the 5v line and stopped using the one in the ESC.

I fired her up today to make a test and all appears to be ok, fast aileron movement causes no trouble, then when i tried fast movement on all four channels, boom!!!! the light goes off on the rx, and wont come back on,

I tried a second Rx and the same thing has happened, im not going to try the thrd one i have.
I have tried to re-bind, and the light flashes , but never gets a bind,

I have tried two TX´s and no luck, the same symptoms.
Can anyone help out?

The tx battery was at 10.9 on both tx, i have it on charge now to see if that makes a difference.
thanks in advance

m00se

Re: 9x RX loses bind and wont get it back

Post by m00se »

Charged tx battery and still the same behavior
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Is this with the standard receiver/transmitter setup?
m00se

Post by m00se »

Hi ,
Yes it is standard. the tx module is a v1.0 according to the PCB and the rx is a V2 according to the sticker,
I have tried putting the bind plug on both battery and bind points in turn , and tried to power from each channel in turn ,

all I get is one short flash on powerup if without the bind plug, and flashing with the bind plug, but it never goes solid,
the same is true for all combos with the two tx and the two rx.
m00se

Post by m00se »

No luck? hasnt anyone had a problem like this before? I have purchased a 4th rx so that I can try to debug it without burning the last one I have, hopefully I can find a problem without burning another rx

I flew my v911 with the 9x today, so i know the tx is fine,
My only suspicion is that the esc has backfed the rx or something like that and burnt it

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

did you measure the voltage of the esc??
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

Could a shorted servo or servo lead be the problem? If the ESC and BEC measure OK that might be something to check. Have you opened up the dead RX to look for a burnt component?
m00se

Post by m00se »

just a quick update to this,

noticed that the Rx had burnt power regulators, I changed one and nothing came back to life, I assume that the bec i was using was a piece of sh** and damaged the rx,

I had measured the output on the bec with a multimeter and during hard pulsing of all channels the voltage jumped up to something like 8v!!!!

either way I got two Rx that are still working and changed the BEC , no more problems,

Return to “Hardware”