eepe "list programmers" ignores "avrdude extra arguments"

How to use eePe
rperkins

eepe "list programmers" ignores "avrdude extra arguments"

Post by rperkins »

also added to issue tracker @
https://code.google.com/p/eepe/issues/d ... 1391741593

Found a small issue that arises when using a custom avrdude.conf file in eepe and using the 'list programmers' dialog box under the 'Burn' Menu . The custom avrdude.conf file is configured using the "extra options" in the "Avrdude configuration" dialog box.

Eepe accepts the option for the config file and it works well under normal situations. However when you go to 'Burn'--> 'List Programmers' the "extra options" to avrdude are not parsed. I am working on a boot disk that includes rc apps and kkmulticopter includes avrdude . By using his copy of avrdude I do not need to compile and package avrdude for Tiny core linux. Hence the use of a custom argument. Yes I guess I could symlink it also.

copy of troublesome $HOME/.config/eePe.conf below

Code: Select all

[General]
maximized=true
pos=@Point(-9 116)
size=@Size(553 513)
lastDir=/home/tc
avrdude_location=/home/tc/src/kkMulticopterFlashTool/trunk/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude
programmer=usbasp
mcu=m64
avr_port=
avr_arguments=-C /home/tc/src/kkMulticopterFlashTool/trunk/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude.conf
locale=
default_channel_order=0
default_mode=1
startup_check_er9x=true
startup_check_eepe=true
show_splash=true
download-version=0
processor=0

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: eepe "list programmers" ignores "avrdude extra arguments

Post by MikeB »

To be clear here. You putting the "-C /home/tc/.../avrdude.conf" in the Extra Arguments field in the Burn|Configure menu. This is also where users might put things like -B100.

So what you are asking for is to pass these extra arguments to the AVRDUDE command to list programmers, even if the arguments are NOT relevant to the command?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rperkins

Re: eepe "list programmers" ignores "avrdude extra arguments

Post by rperkins »

MikeB wrote:To be clear here. You putting the "-C /home/tc/.../avrdude.conf" in the Extra Arguments field in the Burn|Configure menu. This is also where users might put things like -B100.
Yes
So what you are asking for is to pass these extra arguments to the AVRDUDE command to list programmers, even if the arguments are NOT relevant to the command?
No. The '-C' switch is relevant to the '-p?' Switch when there is no avrdude.conf
File located where the avrdude executable expects it to be.. i believe avrdude parses
It's config file to report which programmers are supported.

IIR it is in burnconfigdialog that the parameters to avrdude are built up.
One part of that build up is parsing the relevent variable in the eepe preference config file
And appending that value to the parameter list.

this isnt an issue for me now as i am compiling avrdude and not using
A version packaged for another distro. It is an anomoly that presents itself
When users specify an alternative config file.

I will be traveling today so replies wont be till tomorrow.
Thanks

Return to “eePe”