ER9X W/naza, ail won't go all the way left

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
scramboni

ER9X W/naza, ail won't go all the way left

Post by scramboni »

ok so I have a turnigy 9x w/ er9x, naza m lite and when i do Tx calibration Ail will not go to the left all the way. I think it's an endpoint issue, i have adjusted so it is centering in greeen in the assistant software but I cannot get full range. My quad flies well but it will not move left like it should. One more thing, even though it's in the green (middle) on the assistant software on my Tx is showing that it is trimmed right, I've read maybe I need to re-flash er9x... please help

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ER9X W/naza, ail won't go all the way left

Post by MikeB »

First question, have you calibrated the sticks on the 9X itself?
Second question, when on the main screen of er9x that shows the first 8 channels as numbers, does the channel controlled by the Ail stick go all the way from -100.0 to +100.0?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
scramboni

Post by scramboni »

yes I have calibrated multiple times. Now on the second question on that screen ail starts at 29.6. I had to go into limits page and adjust the first set of numbers from 0 to -30 so that is why it starts there. I had to do that to get it right in the assist software. So when I move all the way left it goes to 121.8 and all the way right it goes to 94.8. My problem is it won't go all the way left though.?? Also I should tell you I have it set to INV on the limits page but I countered it by reversing on the naza assist. It was working exactly the same way not inverted this was just me trying different stuff. On the limits page I had to make adjustments on channel 1 ail -30 first column, channel 2 ele -11.5 first column (not invertd) This was to get it right in the naza. any help is greatly appreciated
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

either you didn't calibrate the stick correctly, or you could have a bad pot on the gimbal.
where did you see the 29.6 offset? on the radio screen, or on the naza config software?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To check the stick calibration, got to the ANA menu (LEFT LONG, LEFT, LEFT). Move the AIL stick left and right, one of the values should vary from -100 to +100, being about 0 when the stick is centered.

If that is OK, then try creating a new model. This will be a simple 4 channel model. Check the numbers on the main screen for channels 1 to 4. These should also go from -100 to +100, again being 0 when the sticks are centered.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

scramboni

Post by scramboni »

All was correct in the calibration menu, made a new model only 4 channel and it's perfect! I am going to do the rest of the channels, I'll keep you posted. thanks
scramboni

Post by scramboni »

well that's it then it seems to be fine! I still don't know what was wrong with the old model but... thanks so much guys I appreciate it
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Glad you fixed it ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
skquad

Post by skquad »

I just developed the same problem. After taking the Naza off my quad and testing on the bench, all of a sudden the Ail won't go all the way to the left - worked fine before I dismantled the Naza. Will try creating a new model.
simGuru

Post by simGuru »

This is a common issue with the Naza, nothing wrong with your TX. Power cycling the FC will usually correct the problem.

Return to “er9x”