4 Servo swash Mixes

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
skylark

4 Servo swash Mixes

Post by skylark »

Hi All,
I am looking for a template for a 4 servo swash mix. Is there one available ?. If so could someone point me in that direction please. I have searched the forum without success. If there is one, I've missed it somehow.
I see in companion9x there is a facility for 90 degree servo mix but that only covers a 3 servo 90 degree swash. I need a 90 degree 4 servo swash mix (with elevator servos, fore and aft) for my Vario X-perience Heli. Can anyone help on this ? also it would be nice to have this feature incorporated in C9x. Living in hope.
Thanks.
Stan.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool: SHUN HIM.

He who knows and knows he knows, is a wise man : SEEK HIM

But he who knows not and knows he knows not, is a baby: TEACH HIM.

Kilrah

Re: 4 Servo swash Mixes

Post by Kilrah »

Does that exist?? Everybody I've talked with about that in the past said it was a mechanical nonsense. Never encountered a heli that used that configuration before either...

Anyway besides being rare it's so easy it makes little sense including it in the heli page (especially as it would require major changes to add a CYC4 output).
Supposing your pitch curves are on CH8:

Your back servo needs to go up with forward pitch and with collective:
CH1:
XX% ELE
+ YY% CH8

Front one same with collective but opposite with forward pitch:
CH2:
-XX% ELE
+YY% CH8

Same for the side servos but with AIL instead of ELE, and you're done. Adjust weights as required. Pitch and throttle curves are done as usual.
skylark

Post by skylark »

Kilrah wrote:Does that exist?? Everybody I've talked with about that in the past said it was a mechanical nonsense. Never encountered a heli that used that configuration before either...

Anyway besides being rare it's so easy it makes little sense including it in the heli page (especially as it would require major changes to add a CYC4 output).
Supposing your pitch curves are on CH8:

Your back servo needs to go up with forward pitch and with collective:
CH1:
XX% ELE
+ YY% CH8

Front one same with collective but opposite with forward pitch:
CH2:
-XX% ELE
+YY% CH8

Same for the side servos but with AIL instead of ELE, and you're done. Adjust weights as required. Pitch and throttle curves are done as usual.
Kilrah,
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. Yes they do exist, and I am in the process of restoring one such antique to it's former glory. It is a VARIO, (A masterpiece of German engineering).
As the saying goes: "it's easy when you know how, "(Columbus) and as my motto says "I'm a baby, Teach me". I cannot get my head around your illustration. I hope it will in time but at the moment it is a fairly steep learning curve and at times, like now, I feel somewhat dense but I am hanging in there. The process of learning, (increasing one's knowledge base), is a powerful stimulant and motivator. I'm loving it. SSooooo hheeeellllppppp Ppllleeeaaassseeeeee. I have posted my basic mix, Could you be kind enough to do the modifications and post back please. If that is possible then I will be able to play around with the settings keeping your original as reference and hopefully in time will master it. I have posted rather than PM so that it is open to all. Many thanks in advance. Again my motto. "he who knows and know he knows, Is a wise man seek him" Thanks Kilrah.
BTW Ch7 is the rear servo, Ch1 Right servo.
Attachments
TESTBED XP.zip
(456 Bytes) Downloaded 277 times
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool: SHUN HIM.

He who knows and knows he knows, is a wise man : SEEK HIM

But he who knows not and knows he knows not, is a baby: TEACH HIM.
Arragon

Post by Arragon »

download work anymore

Return to “Template Library”