PPM sum on HK-TR6A V2

Want to get your own 9x? Don't know where to buy one? Looking for spares?
TrueBuild

Re: PPM sum on HK-TR6A V2

Post by TrueBuild »

jhsa wrote:WARNING

Don't connect the PPM signal directly to your sound card input or you could burn it. The max voltage the card can accept at the input is around 1V. some not even.. PPM signals sometimes are bigger than 5V and in some cases even as high as the tx battery voltage..

You need a voltage divider. something llke 10K and 1K should work.
When you have this bit sorted we can talk about using the scope ;)

I had this installed on my old PC but then I got a real scope and never used it.. will install it again on this PC and will try to help you.. But please make the probe.. I can't find the schematic I used to make mine. but will measure my probe in a while and post it here..

João
Thank you for the offer of help :)

I did want to use a Diy USB PC end and a stefeo jack; with the USB Black ground wire and the ground of the jack with the USB green data wire connected to the signal pip of the jack. I was worried that...
1. I may blow the TX
2. The PC would not know what the USB was I had plugged in.

That is why I am using the sound card...
I am using stereo plugs at both ends because I thought this safer so that nothing is shorted out in the PC Mic or the Taranis trainer socket/DSC

The signal is the tip on the end of the jack in all instances.
The ground is what the socket connection/Sleeve in all instances.

I have a 1k resistor across the signal and the ground at the PC side of the circuit.
And a 10k resistor in the ground line on the TX side of the 1k resistor. (This is the bit I hope I have done correctly!)

The above is what I think USB connect is doing as he seems to have the 10k on the TX side?

The SmartPropoPlus program comes with some utility programs; one of which is a thing like a thermometer I can see some lines in that but they come and go almost randomly and a Red ? mark appears indicating that something is not correct.

If I switch the speaker on the buzz in that changes when moving the throttle but no other stick changes the buzz.
something is appearing on the zeitnitz scope that seems none random but cannot get it to create bars of channels.
The SmartPropoPlus/utility/Winscope 2.51 does not show anything at all :(

Stuff installed.
SmartPropoPlus
vJoy

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here is a drawing of the probe circuit and also the settings I'm using to read the PPM output from my 9x radio

João
Attachments
Scope.jpg
20140106_220502[1].jpg
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

jhsa,
Thanks drawing (had my connections all wrong) and the pic of the scope very helpful :) .

When I first connected the new lead it still did not work; so my attention turned to the TX setup for sim output.

I noticed the pulse shift default was Negative so I changed that to Positive and gave it another go.
Now I have a trace!
My trace is not very clean though compared to yours; should I have used a screened lead? The one I had was chosen because it had a handy right angled socked for the TX was of some Sony stereo thing.

I cannot get the vJoy Game controller to calibrate yet though :(

The PPM-Audio tool sometimes shows a ? mark indicating a problem.

Should my first job be to get a proper screened cable or look at changing the trainer port settings for Simulator Profile I have created?

Attached is my current setup pics...
Zeitnitz Scope.PNG
SmartPropoPlusConsole.PNG
SmartPropoPlusConsole.PNG (20.79 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
SlaveSettingsTaranis.PNG
SlaveSettingsTaranis.PNG (7.73 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
PPM-fault.PNG
PPM-fault.PNG (25.53 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
PPM-1.PNG
PPM-1.PNG (19.57 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I never used those programs, so I can't help you there..
Shielded cable is better of course.. Don't connect devices that send signal levels greater than about 5V..
On the scope play a bit with the time settings. You might get only the 8 channels on the screen and have a better view of what's going on. You can also hit the play/stop at the bottom on the left lower corner and save your screen to a file (Picture)
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

For anyone reading my post, I did get my Taranis to work with CRRCSim by using the built in joystick configuration system provided by CRRCSim :)

Return to “Where to buy / Spares / Modules? Selling up?”