ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
ShowMaster

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by ShowMaster »

Good point Mike, your correct.
I guess with trace mods that could be solved but just using a life or 2 cell lipo is the easiest way to go.

ChickenSashimi

Post by ChickenSashimi »

kaos wrote:nominal voltage for LiFe per cell is about 3.3 V, for LiFe 2S is 6.6, 3S is 9.9 V. nominal voltage for Lipo is 3.7V per cell, so 2S Lipo is 7.4 V.
I am not sure the tx is 'designed' for 9+ volt, after Vreg everything is running on 3.3 to 6 volt I think. Anything above that probably turns into heat via the Vreg.
I believe if we can find a power source of 5-6 volt and never drops the voltage with time that would be ideal. but I don't think that exists (at least the ones that will fit in the tx).
Don't forget to set your voltage alarm to around 8.9 or 9.0 V if you use 3S LiFe. any thing below 2.8V/cell will damage LiFe.
the damaging voltage for Lipo is 3.2V/cell, for 2S it would be 6.4 V, I set my voltage alarm at 6.9V with the 2S. Even at 6.4V that is still enough to run the tx.

PS: I may enter the 'vertical dive' contest, Have a perfect vertical dive vid. :mrgreen: chicken sashimi ? ! :lol:

Thanks again. I've got a life pack on the way and will carefully monitor the performance of my radio before using it again to fly. Hopefully this solves my issue as painlessly as possible.
I've been powering my radio with 3s for quite awhile already and this problem only started happening more recently.. admittedly, it's been extremely hot during these summer months, so perhaps the summer heat is what put it over the edge.

Seriously consider entering the dive contest.. especially if you've already got a suitable candidate.. what does it hurt to enter? :)
kaos

Post by kaos »

found an interesting thing about instant trim.
while other function works while you are at the page, ie expo/dr, limit.. while you are at the limit/offset page, you can adjust the offset/limit but instant trim won't work while you are at the page. only back to the main display the instant trim will work.
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I'm having a problem with slow up down. It only works the first time I move my flaps and then it doesn't
work after that unless I turn the radio off and on again and then it does the same thing anyway...only works once.
Same thing with delay.

I have my flaps setup as IDO, ID1 and ID2. If the switch is in ID2 when I turn on the radio then slow/delay do not work at all.

It was working on the previous version (I forget the rev...I think in the 60's).

It works fine on a single channel with no mixers.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Slow and delay normally only work satisfactory when there is no Switch in the mixerline

Reinhard

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you several mixer lines on the one channel, controlled by ID0, ID1 and ID2?
Slow applies to each mix separately when the SOURCE value changes.
If you want flaps in one of three positions, set by ID0, ID1 and ID2, then you probably want to use a single mix with the SOURCE set to 3POS (it's after CH16 in the list). This gives a SOURCE input value of -100 for ID0, 0 for ID1 and +100 for ID2.
By setting the weight and offset, and changing the limits for the servo output, you can get the flaps to your required positions.

Otherwise you need to put your mixes on another channel (say 16) without any slow, then set your flap channel to have a SOURCE of CH16 with slow.

If you post your current mixes (or .eepe file) I can make a more specific suggestion.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

It was working fine and the fact it only works once points to something changed. I know from way back when that setting up slow on the 3POS switch had some strange results.

I'll try your sugesstion Mike....typing this as you posted.

It works fine in eePskye.

Try it.
Attachments
BH T-28 flaps.bin.txt
(168 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll have a look, but tomorrow, it's late here.

Just to check, your flaps are on channels 10 and 11?
And you say the slow used to work with these mixes, but doesn't any more. They are'nt slow on my (quick) first check on eepskye.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Just oped the file...yup....channels 10 and 11 and they have slow and work fine in eepskye. Yes, this was working on my radio before I updated to r188. If I remember though...the slow only worked for down but that was fine since I just reset the flaps once I land so slow up doesn't really matter, this I think was one of the weird quirks since from the begining.

I even setup a new model and same results...only works once and only if the switch is in the ID0 position at radio start up.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Which revision of eepskye are you using? I'm using r391, and the slow only works the first time in it, the same as on the radio.
What revision of ersky9x were you using before you updated to r188? I'm surprised it worked with slow before on the radio.

Slow has always only worked on a single mix, not when switching one off and another on, I'm really confused.

I can also see a problem with your EEPROM file in eepskye r391. I'll need to investigate this, but the mixes are not showing up correctly and I can't create a new one.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

How did you create the "BH T-28 flaps.bin.txt" file? It isn't valid as the general settings are completely wrong/missing.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've found an (unrelated) bug in eepskye, it wouldn't add mixes over 32 in total!

I'm not sure what is wrong, but I would suggest the following mix anyway.
Use 3POS as the source, this is -100, 0 and +100.
You have the servo reversed, and want outputs of +60, +11 and -30, so the mix needs to output -60, -11 and +30 from the 3POS input.
-60 to -11 is 49, -11 to +30 is 41. Choose the larger of these (49) as the weight.
Now you want the offset to be -11, the position for ID0. Normally the offset value is scaled by the weight, but you also have the "Late Offset" option. This processes the offset setting later so it is NOT scaled. Set the offset to -11 and choose the Late Offset option.
So you have:
+49% 3POS Offset(-11%).
So now your output is -60, -11 and +38. But, you want +30 which is +41 from the offset of -11.
Use the Differential option of the curve to reduce the throw on that side. You need to reduce it by (49-41)/49 ~ 16%, so set the Differential to -16.
So now you have:
+49% 3POS Offset(-11%). Diff(-16)
and you output is -60, -11 and +30. Just add your required SLOW to this.

Alternatively, just use the sub-trim and limits from the limits menu. Use a mix of +100% 3POS with whatever slow you need, then set the sub-trim to get the position for ID1, and the limits for the positions of ID0 and ID2.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What about using a curve? Wouldn't it be simpler, avoiding all that mathematics? :D

João

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I have eepeskye revision 11 from April. The Ersky rev I had on my radio was 160 somthing.

I just installed eePskye r391 and I get the same results as you...it only works once.

I used your alternative method and everything works fine so I'll stick with it.

However there is a different problem in eePskye....I get the error I posted I posted in the B1 users area...take a look at the screen shot here. I can't save my eeprom or firmware as well it found new hardware and needed to reinstall the samba drivers. This is a real show stopper... can't save sheet!

João, I tried your method and saw some jumpyness but I can take a better look at it.
Attachments
untitled3.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Check your SAM-BA installation. Attached is a zip of the what you should have in your sam-ba_2.11\tcl_lib ditrectory.

Mike.
at91sam3s4-9x.zip
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Yeah, I had them in place. I`ll install everthing again.

Quick question...can I program the Attiny thru the usb? It has the programing from when the radio was resetting...I think 101.
I just have it jumped so it shorted.

As always...thanks Mike, your amazing.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's more a question of what version of the bootloader you have in the co-processor. It is possible to program the co-processor from the USB, although you need to complete and correct "sam3s4-9x" files from above.

eepskye has a "review output" option at the bottom of the burn menu. This lets you view (and copy) the entire results from SAM-BA after an operation.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

OK...l`ll work on fixing that error.

EDIT: Man...go figure. The new install on my D: drive is the one giving me problems but my OS is booting from that drive. I have another OS on my C: drive and even though I'm not running that, when I tell eepeskye to use the samaba I have installed there eepeskye works fine.

So let me dig into updating the co processor.

Whew!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I've noticed on ER9X as well as ERSKY r188 (perhaps earlier revisions also) that on the expo/DR page when you use the knob P3 to change the values it changes the switches as well.

The pot can not be used to set the values or you get strange results...anyone else seeing this?

The knob works fine everywhere else.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Shows how much I use POT scroll!
OK, I have the fix. I'll also add in the ability to move a switch to set the required switch value. I have this in er9x for the '128 and '2561 processors.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, you could also do it with the sticks trims and all that..
Example:

Create a mix, put the cursor on the source, click menu and now move for example the aileron stick to choose it. then menu again and you're done.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
sokolum

Post by sokolum »

Just wondering, would it ever be possible to connect a USB game joystick on a ErSky board? Thinking about to hookup a game joystick on an my Radio.
I am aware of the USB > PPM, Arduino solutions.

Or another extreme solution i am thinking of is to hard-wire connect the game joystick directly to the ErSky board (meaning, no-more USB connector) with a (x pin) connector build on the 9X casing and connect the game joystick from there when want to. Is then possible to save the stick-calibration per model? (model-1 is for 9x sticks, model-2 is gamr joystick) As the game-joystick would use a different calibration the the 9X sticks.
Attachments
962212683.jpg
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!

FPV with a HOTAS setup would be very cool. Make a nice flight chair.

Question Mike...can you add Max RPM, I would like to see the difference between static testing and in flight.

Thanks
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

:|
Last edited by bob195558 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Barrsurf

Post by Barrsurf »

Quick question. Could someone point me to a page that starts from the beginning with how to flash ersky9x board? I just installed and it's got r178, v.2083, mod is RevB and co proc is0106. I got the board from Brent several months ago, but just installed, along with Aurora gimbals. I noticed in the latest version of er9x the gimbal direction could be reversed, and I need to do that with one gimbal. The thought of re-soldering isn't pleasant. I'm also using Mac osx and was wondering if eepskye would run on there or do I need to go with Win7 64 bit. Anyn help is greatly appreciated.

Barry
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Hi Barry.
The document you want is here:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4642
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Eepskye does not yet run on a Mac because SAM-BA is not made for Mac.
Aroura gimbals are what I used on my two Sky9x boards. You will be very happy with them. I don't know how to reverse the gimbal output without swapping two wires from the potentiometer either by soldering or by swopping the wires at the plug. There may be some information here:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
Steve
Barrsurf

Post by Barrsurf »

Thanks Steve. I'm now having a problem with USB drivers. Brent posted on the rev b thread that you could access the board with SAM-BA without it being installed. I can't see it when I plug it in. I think I'm missing a USB driver. I can download the USB CDC package from the Atmel site but can't seem to install it. When the board was in the tx it would display USB if plugged in and powered up, but nothing would happen. Any idea where to find those USB drivers?

Barry
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Hi Barry.
When you download SAM-BA 2.12 from the Atmel site you should get a file which when opened gives you an installation wizard. As far as I can remember this wizard also instals the USB driver. Daedlaus66 had problems with drivers and found that he had a camera driver installed in the location where the Atmel driver should be. I don't know specifically how to find the correct driver nor what he did. You could PM him. He had to find out the COM number from 'Printers and Devices'. The path to SAM-BA 2.12 has to be correct so check that too.
Hope that helps
Steve
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi Barrsurf:

This is what I did to get the USB drivers installed, go to: (http://openrcforums.com/forum/blog/bob1 ... r_b-8.html).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Process to install USB driver from Win7 SAM-BA program to Sky9X Radio Board.

USB Drive Installation Procedure:

1. Install SAM-BA version 2.11 and/or 2.12 to your computer.

2. Connect the USB cable from your Computer to your Sky9X Radio.

3. Power on your Sky9X Radio. No auto install USB driver come up.
You have problem: SAM-BA and Win7 operating system do not find USB driver.
You only have messages of Unknown Device! What to do to fix this problem.

4. First go to start menu, Click START / 2 Clicks Devices and Printers / screen pops up Right Click Unknown USB Device / Click Properties
/ screen pops up Click Hardware / Click Drivers / Click Update Drivers / 3 Clicks Browse two or several times until the search screen pops up.

5. In the search screen 2 Clicks on computer / 2 Clicks C: drive Folder / 2s Click Program Files (x86)
/ 2 Clicks ATMEL / 2 Click sam-ba_2.121 / 1 Click drv file to high light it / Click OK.

6. The USB drives start installing. When done Click Close and Click OK.

7. So now you should have this Device titled: AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM4) in Devices and Printers file.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Bob
Last edited by bob195558 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi Barrsurf:

You may have a different Com-port number from the one that my computer assigned.
So you will need to set the correct Com-port # when opening the Samba program.

Also this maybe helpful, I had trouble several months ago and near the bottom I have some good pictures showing what I did:
(http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4428)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAM-BA CoProcessor Utility procedure:
1) Down load the TinyApp.bin from: ( https://ersky9x.googlecode.com/svn/trun ... inyapp.bin).
2) Plug USB cable between Computer and Sky9x Radio.
3) Switch Sky9x Radio ON, and you should now hear the USB connection tones on the computer.
4) Start SAM-BA program.
5) Click: "Connect" on the SAM_BA Connection Window.
6) Select the "CoProcessor" tab.
7) Make sure the "Scripts" box contains "Enable CoProcessor", then Click the "Execute" button.
8) Select the "Send File Name: box and browse to find the path to the Tinyapp.bin file.
9) Set the Address box to: 0x080
10) Click on the "Send File" button.
11) Terminate SAM-BA, Close down the SAM-BA program down.
12) Switch the Sky9x Radio Off.
13) Unplug the USB cable between the Computer and Sky9x Radio.
14) Switch the Sky9x Radio back ON and it should all be working correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”