New Quick Start Guide for Taranis (DOWNLOAD)

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

There are a plethora of resources for learning the Taranis - many that I've outlined in a post here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=1

But the newest of them is the Taranis Quick Start Guide that Barry Orlando and myself, with the assistance of others, created to give a screen by screen tour of OpenTX as applied to the Taranis. As corrections are reported we'll update the guide at the same download address. You can report mistakes in this thread, or email me @ [email protected]. I'm stretched too thin to do a Q&A in this thread.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/files/Taran ... _Guide.pdf

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

This is a superb piece of work that should be the basic reference document for every Taranis owner.

Not only is the Guide the best place to start for anyone getting a Taranis, but it will be invaluable as a permanent and evolving resource. Even though I've had my Taranis since July and used it extensively, I still found all sorts of information in it I didn't know or had forgotten about.

Put this together with the excellent OpenTX manual and the helpful videos now available (many of them done by Scott) and the support for Taranis is getting to the point where it matches the capability of this radio.

Thank you to all responsible!
CertaCito

Re: New Quick Start Guide for Taranis (DOWNLOAD)

Post by CertaCito »

Here here, great piece of work, thanks to all involved.
Barry
umatillagarry

Re: New Quick Start Guide for Taranis (DOWNLOAD)

Post by umatillagarry »

Thank you for this guide. I am brand new to RC and I'm building a QAV500 quadcopter and I've purchased this radio with the X8R rx and I'm hoping to be able to use the companion software to set it up for the quad. I also have the Naza v2 for this quad. I live in Mt. Dora , Florida and I would appreciate some help in getting this radio set up to operate this quad. This will in all likelihood be the only RC model setup that I will ever fly. I do intend to eventually set it up for FPV which is what got me interested in this in the first place. I would be willing to pay a reasonable hourly fee to someone to help me get this done. Mt. Dora is about 25 miles NW of Orlando. Thanks to anyone and all for your help in advance.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”