Er9x trainer issue

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
ShowMaster

Er9x trainer issue

Post by ShowMaster »

Er9x modified for DJT telemetry, BL control, Megasound board.
Fairly new version of er9x, forgot to check for post.
Strange thing with the er9x m64 board tx. If I plug the trainer cable in just the BL lights up. If I then turn the power on the radio powers normally but no trainer ppm output. If I then power The tx off the radio stays on, the rf module powers down and the ppm out starts working ok. I tried this several times?
No 1K resistor in the ppm line.
I was testing it as a trainer with the Taranis as master. It works find as long as I go through powering the tx on and off again with the trainer cord in.
I'll look into more over the next few days but I thought of mention it so others can try this test.
I never used this function so I can't say if it did work right at one time. One more variable, before the megasound board I did the piezo speaker mod. I can reverse that now as its not needed
Interesting condition to sort out.

Kilrah

Re: Er9x trainer issue

Post by Kilrah »

How is your megasound board powered?
If it is supplied from a net that is not being powered by the trainer jack contact it could prevent the LCD communication from working.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The 9x I use as a trainer works just fine, plugging in to a sky9x v3.
-Gohst

Specs of that radio:
9x with m128 processor
Piezo speaker mod w/haptic (http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... c_Feedback)
Frsky DHT with switch to select internal or external module
Smartieparts programmer
TelemetrEZ
LED backlight
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The only issue I found by powering my er9x radio from the trainer plug (for simulator) is that sometimes the welcome message will play twice.. in between there is an alert screen that I still couldn't read because it goes off too fast..

João

EDIT: Just tried it now again several times but couldn't reproduce it... strange.
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks everyone for the info. The megasound board is wired as shown in the original wiring diagram. I'll go over it all again as I haven't used the trainer feature since ever original er9x upgrade last year or adding the megasound board a few months ago.
I do don't it strange the if I power the the radio then plug in the trainer cord and power off, the trainer and radio works as planned.
No rewiring of the trainer circuit was done. I can't remember what was done to the switchboard as part of the piezo mod. I don't think I removed any active parts except the original buzzer.
I'll open it up and monitor the voltage busses whit power off and the trainer cable plugged in to see what is powered and what's not.

Return to “er9x”