er9x and Telemetry?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
jastrup

er9x and Telemetry?

Post by jastrup »

Hi guys,

I just got help from a friend and flashed my 9XR with er9x. As i mentioned in a previous post on the forum I'm building a Ground Station for FPV, and for that matter i want telemetry.

Aswell as getting telemtry in to the er9x i also want to be able to get the telemetry data into an arduino board and a linux computer (Raspberry PI), so i can set up my GS with a few screens showing all the information there aswell. For the linux computer i'm planning to make a navigation software of some kind, so i would like to have the coordinates feeded into that one.

Any ideas on how i can solve this?

Greywolf

Re: er9x and Telemetry?

Post by Greywolf »

If you go to the 9xr forum board, there is a detailed description on how to get telemetry into the 9xr. First off you have to have a telemetry module in the transmitter and the right er9x version that has telemetry support. I just ordered my 9xr and will be doing the same thing as soon as I get it.
gohsthb

Re: er9x and Telemetry?

Post by gohsthb »

You didn't mention what tx/rx module you are using?? What you would need is a way to get the telemetry data to the computer. There are projects like this one which use bluetooth to get the telemetry data from an Frsky module into an Android phone. Maybe that will give you some ideas.
-Gohst

Return to “er9x”