Small Request for Switch warning

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
EjectSteve

Small Request for Switch warning

Post by EjectSteve »

If many people are swapping the H (momentary) with the F switches it would be nice if we can set the switch startup warning for H. Of course it's normally not needed since the stock H is momentary. If many mode 2 flyers are swapping without moving the wires, this addition might be useful (but not critical). Since I use H for throttle hold, a warning would be nice, but could be accomplished in other ways.

As far as the SH(down arrow) functions, It's not something that I feel strongly about because I don't use them.

Long term, if cutting and moving the wires is the 'accepted' solution for swapping the F and H switches, then none of this would matter. Perhaps FrSky is planning to give longer switch wires in the future.

Kilrah

Re: Small Request for Switch warning

Post by Kilrah »

The current firmware doesn't handle simple swapping of the switches correctly, some functions are hard-coded knowing that SH is momentary.

Sent via mobile
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Why is the trainer switch always on the right side lately?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

What would maybe be good - is label swapping.

So then stick gets physically moved - and just referred to with the name that is in the sticker :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

ShowMaster wrote:Why is the trainer switch always on the right side lately?
I think for mode 1 for example is in the right place, but not for mode 2..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

EjectSteve

Post by EjectSteve »

Rob Thomson wrote:What would maybe be good - is label swapping.

So then stick gets physically moved - and just referred to with the name that is in the sticker :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
True, moving the switches while keeping them connected to the same headers on the main board would work (and as you mention, moving the labels that go with them).

Cutting and extending the wires was what I was hoping to avoid, but certainly would solve the problem. I'm not sure that this is such a big problem that a code change should be considered. I just wanted to bring it up in case others were facing the same issue. And I don't see hundreds of responses with "me too" in this thread.

Return to “openTx”