DSM2/DSMX Hack Module

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
EjectSteve

DSM2/DSMX Hack Module

Post by EjectSteve »

Does anyone know when this functionality might be added or where this fits in the overall opentx roadmap? Thanks

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: DSM2/DSMX Hack Module

Post by Rob Thomson »

Small clarification.

It is on opentx already. Just not on the Taranis platform yet.

Doubt it will be too long before done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It's been there for ages... or do you mean for the Taranis?
EjectSteve

Post by EjectSteve »

Sorry, yes I was talking about the Tarnanis. You mean there are other transmitters in the world besides the Taranis :) I have been following the Taranis for so long, I forgot about opentx on other radios :oops:
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

I promised Bertrand a DSM module for Taranis tests. But I can't be bothered to go to the post office. :-/

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There has been some work, but the driver is still buggy, then we got sidetracked on more critical things...

Will try to get back to it. I also have one I'd want to use, don't like my Orange module I'm using in the meantime :)
EjectSteve

Post by EjectSteve »

With the Taranis radios in people's hands now I understand that your resources are dedicated to fixing bugs or making existing features work better. I can't believe how well the Taranis works out of the box. Perhaps people are finding features that need to be polished, but not big bugs or problems. I'm grateful to everyone that worked on this project.

I think I am going to replace all my orangeRX receivers with FrySky after the great experience using this Taranis for one weekend. I still have a bunch of bind and fly heli's, a quad and a beastX/TRex that can wait until the hack dms2/x opentx module is ready for Tarnanis.

I probably should have gotten an orangeTX module instead of making a hack module, but it is just so cool how you guys came up with the dx5e hack.

Return to “openTx”