Simulated disarming for micro quads (throttle cut) ?

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
JohnEdwa

Re: Simulated disarming for micro quads (throttle cut) ?

Post by JohnEdwa »

Micro quads (Vitality H36 is 12cm across motor to motor) don't have disarming of their own, so when you land, you either shut the controller off, or make a software way for disarming.
As I had the near crash with the sticky, but also use my radio on a neck strap where bumping both throttle and a switch when changing a battery is possible, I wanted this.

Disarming during flight is not really possible as there is absolutely no reason ever to be holding full rudder and no throttle on a micro quad.
The 1 sec delay also weeds out quick bumps.
For even more safety, one could just add THR switch as a required component to the arming/disarming pretty easily.

The sounds I wanted were both an alarm when you are armed but at zero throttle, but also a signal beep for the disarming and arming would have been nice; now you hold the disarm for a few seconds, and then flick the throttle just to make sure that it changed.

But I've had around 10 flights now, and this works perfectly.
Small things like this make you more confident as chances of mistakes and accidents are reduced dramatically :)

I also have to personally thank jhsa not only for the help, but the hilarious flick flip flop post ;D

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Huumppfff, I wasn't trying to be funny.. :twisted:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

What can I say. you are a natural! :lol:

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”