PPMSIM

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
solmer

PPMSIM

Post by solmer »

Hi, I've a friend who wants to start flying an Ezstar. Hi has bought a 9x radio like mine and need to know if I can use my radio as master using a 3.5mm cable conected to his radio. I've seen that it's not necesary to modify the radio with the 1k resistor since I can set the output to PPMSIM but I need to know if I have to setup the PPMSIM in the model section (ive found the option in the second screen of the model selection...)

Thanks in advance.
Good winds and......happy Flight !

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: PPMSIM

Post by MikeB »

On er9x, if you enable PPMSIM in the radio setup menu, then it is automatically used when operating in 'student' mode, i.e. allow the radio to turn on when you plug the trainer cable in. I don't konw if open9x does the same.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
solmer

Re: PPMSIM

Post by solmer »

Hi, thanks for the info. I'll try using the PPMSIM option in the model setup. :)
Good winds and......happy Flight !

Return to “openTx”