cut antenna wire

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
formontoya

cut antenna wire

Post by formontoya »

obvious newb here. i was going to do a custom spray on my newly arrived t9x and read somewhere that i could cut the wire. after i did this i looked further and found that i should not have done that. the soldering required on the board is more than my skills will handle. is someone that is capable willing to do the antenna move to module soldering for me for a small price? of course i will pay shipping both ways as well. i live in houston, tx.

thanks,
jim
Jim

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein

dvogonen

Re: Sv: cut antenna wire

Post by dvogonen »

You probably have to find someone localy to do that if you want the numbers to add up. A new module is only about 20$ including freight. And then you get a module where the antenna is already fitted to the back in a nice way.
formontoya

Re: cut antenna wire

Post by formontoya »

My problem is that I have 4 Rx at the house as well...
Jim

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

You need a Flysky module with the antenna mounted on it, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FS-TH9X-B-Modul ... 1887708%26

I resoldered the cable on mine. It's not too bad a job. Where are you located?
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

The bad thing is that I've read that they're not compatable with the Turnigy 8C Rx which I have 4 of. I live in Houston, Texas. But am willing to pay shipping both ways and throw in a little beer money...of course to be drinking AFTER the solder task is done:-)

It's just that my solder skills are not really good enough for me to tackle it myself.
Jim

- Albert Einstein

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Flysky and turnigy are the same thing. If you receivers don't have satellites then they are the newer version and will work with that module.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

Cool. I have the standard Turnigy9X V2 Tx/Rx that just arrived last week. I will order the Flysky...

Thanks to all.
Jim

- Albert Einstein

Return to “Hardware Mods”