T9x with er9x YAW drift

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
jhsa

Re: T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by jhsa »

Gyros do get affected by temperature changes.. try this. put the copter outside for about 15 minutes and then fly..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Corruptsector

T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by Corruptsector »

Ok will do. Do you think the temp of the wind blowing over the gyro will cool it even more? How sensitive are they to temp?
skelator

Post by skelator »

finally fixed this juat by cleaning the pot using contact cleaner spray, was a lucky shot as someone on youtube suggested me so so far been stable!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Build.screw.up.build.again.fly.crash.repeat
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I started out using hk401b's on my helicopters. They are piezo type gyros, and are affected much more by temperature. I switched to mems type gyros. Now unless there is a significant temperature change they don't drift. The type of gyro was never listed, maybe you just need to switch to a mems type gyro.
-Gohst
kaos

Post by kaos »

gyro IS sensitive to temperature change (especially piezo gyro), I normally set my heli at the place where I am going to fly for 10-15 min before I start flying. Mems gyro is better in that regard. If are in a warm room, I would leave the heli out for a few minutes before I power on the heli and fly.

Return to “Hardware”