Options for Stock V1 firmware users

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
Irish Steve

Options for Stock V1 firmware users

Post by Irish Steve »

Query came up earlier in the HK forums, a user is looking for V1 receivers, which are no longer shown as stock at HK.

Am I right in thinking that the basic case, sticks etc are the same between the versions, so it would be possible to upgrade to an ERsky board and put FRsky modules into the loop, and that will provide a way forward?

The firmwares will have been different, were the modules different on the transmitter, or both ends? As I understand it, the V1 modules were different.

Can a V1 board be flashed with ER9X and use FRsky modules?

Just checking, I don't want to give people duff gen

Thanks
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

Crucial

Re: Options for Stock V1 firmware users

Post by Crucial »

V1 receivers used the same 9x radio as the V2. The difference was in the module plugged into the back. This is different than the other issue of the 2 revisions of the mainboard in the radio. This had nothing to do with the different V1 and V2 RF systems. The different revisions of the motherboards could both be programmed and flashed with the custom firmwares.

If someone has a "V1" early 9x(rx's with the slim antenna and satellites) and wants to flash it with er9x and add an FrSky module to it they can and will have no problems.
Irish Steve

Re: Options for Stock V1 firmware users

Post by Irish Steve »

Thanks, that was what I thought, there was a query re an Eurgle radio in HK earlier, and the RX has a satellite, so I reckoned that was one of the early versions, I did get it right as such.
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”