Can't Load eeprom from file or memory

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
ekill

Can't Load eeprom from file or memory

Post by ekill »

Just loaded open9x 1195 and all is well except when I create a simple 4 ch temp. and try to write it to tx it always says bad eeprom and reformats. Also when reading eeprom from tx it says wrong format. It seems like its looking for a hex file. I am using a stock board with the frsky upgrade. Thanks....

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: Can't Load eeprom from file or memory

Post by Romolo »

which companion are you using ?
ekill

Post by ekill »

i am using .076 rev. 1018 on a Mac.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

ekill

Post by ekill »

Sorry for my over looking at the ver. I did do the .95 update (same time I dl c9x) earlier but somehow I reverted to .76. All is working great. Thanks for the fast response!

ekill

kaos

Post by kaos »

sorry to budge in here. Am I correct that the companinon9x so far still can't read or write eeprom to /from eeprom or flashmemory for ersky9x yet. I tried the .96 yesterday still not doing it. Just want to be certain it is not me. thx.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Do you use sam-ba 2.12? There are some troubles with it. Works fine with 2.11.
kaos

Post by kaos »

yes, I used 2.12 to load up the board. then I use companinon9x 2.11 to update firmware and try to backup eerporm files. still I am not able to read or write eeprom/flash memory with my ersky9x board. each time I update the ersky9x fw, it makes a temp back up and rewrite the temp backup to the Tx.
kaos

Post by kaos »

wrong post deleted.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just found a problem with accessing the EEPROM from SAM-BA with ersky9x. It appears there is something missing from the applet initialisation of the SPI interface, no idea what though. The problem is occuring since I changed the code to see that the USB interface was active early on in the boot process. This is also before ersky9x does anything with the SPI interface to the EEPROM. The initialisation code looks to be the same in the applet, but the EEPROM is not responding.
The fix, for now, appears to be to move the USB test to after ersky9x has initialised the SPI interface, then the applet works OK.

I'll release the fix as soon as possible, but I'm busy tomorrow morning at least so not sure when exactly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

Thank you , I thought i was going nuts. ;)

Mike: would you do this on r105 1st. because r107 I tried today the Frysky telemetry voice is messed up pretty good. but it does display the custom displayof the vtot fast now. I don't know if there is a specific voice file change from r105, 'six' is popping up everywhere, just inserted by itself. the cvlt is reading in digits but with 'six' inserted in between automatically. so is some other voice prompt. three thousand is read as 4 thousand in rpm. it does read rpm now but incorrectly. This may take longer to fix. unless the voice sequence has changed a lot that i don't know.
r105 only has problem reading cvlt as hundreds instead of x.xx, and does not read rpm.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Good news for me also. Maybe my reset worked and i picked a bad time to have to reload everything,
Will Sam-Ba work or should I just wait another day or two to reload everything?
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think there is a workaround. When using the USB, switch the Tx on first, wait 2 seconds (this will initialise everything), THEN plug the SUB cable in. You can then switch the Tx off.
The SPI to the EEPROM should then work fine. I don't have time to test this now, will be back on it later today.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “openTx”