Anyone getting interference on a T9X

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
pgregg88

Post by pgregg88 »

Friends,

My brother and I both have a Turnigy 9x with er9x installed. My transmitter (regardless of receiver - I've tried several) starts responding in slow motion if the second T9x is turned on?

Has anyone else experienced this or seen threads on this topic? If you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Preston

cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

What versions of the module are they? Guid issue perhaps

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.003093,-79.457400
pgregg88

Re: Anyone getting interference on a T9X

Post by pgregg88 »

I'm on the road right now, but will report back asap. Thanks.

Preston

Post by pgregg88 »

I've confirmed that both models are the newer TM0002 module. Can you tell me more about the potential GUID issue? I've done some searches, but I'm not finding anything.

Thanks,
Preston
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Does it help to do a re-bind?

Most likely you have either a faulty module - or receiver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You could do a little test.. bind the receiver from one to the other and vice versa.. if the same radio does the prob then it's the module.. if the other radio does the problem it might be the receiver..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Guid issue: it's a mass produced radio. They may not adhere 100% to industry standards. There may be duplication or other forms of defect.

Just trying to throw ideas out. Does the 'lag' occur with any other turnigy style radio? Have you reflashed the original firmware?
Do you bind with both radios on?
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Is the antenna soldered on / connected properly? No kinks or nicks in the wire anywhere?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.056212,-79.476230
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You could also bind both receivers to the first transmitter. Then test. The servos on both receivers should run synchronously.
Then switch on the second transmitter. Continue testing. There should be no influence to the receivers, bound to the first transmitter.

Bind both receivers to the second transmitter and repeat above procedure.

You should see, which combination fails.

Reinhard
pgregg88

Post by pgregg88 »

Thanks for all of the responses. I've definitely tried rebinding and multiple receivers. I haven't tried swapping receivers. I know that I don't get interference from a Spektrum. I do think I received interference from another radio at the park. The radio wasn't a 9x, but I don't know what it was.

I'll do more testing as soon as I can connect with my brother and report back. Again, thanks for the help.

Preston

Post by HAL-9000 »

Hi,

Previously, I owned besides Turnigy 9x, a Hobby King HKT6A. I've noticed interference, or locking out of HKT6A, but only, when 9x was ON, and HKT6A was powered OFF and ON. It looked like 9x occupied channel of HKT6A. Besides that, I've never had any problems with interference on 9x, and there are sometimes up to 3 of us using FrSky moduled 9x's at the field.

HAL-9000
pgregg88

Post by pgregg88 »

I tried every possible test my brother and I could come up. The interference always happened on the same radio. I upgrade to FrSky. Works great!

Preston

Post by ReSt »

HAL-9000 wrote:Hi,

Previously, I owned besides Turnigy 9x, a Hobby King HKT6A. I've noticed interference, or locking out of HKT6A, but only, when 9x was ON, and HKT6A was powered OFF and ON. It looked like 9x occupied channel of HKT6A. Besides that, I've never had any problems with interference on 9x, and there are sometimes up to 3 of us using FrSky moduled 9x's at the field.

HAL-9000
This behaviour is normal to the old version1 HK6TA!

The HK6TA rf module has a printed antenna on the board. When it is powered on, it obviously checks for a free channel. But it doesn't find one, when there is a frequency hopping system nearby. (It sometimes gets bound within a timespan of up to several minutes). HKT6B, the new frequency hopping version, also has this antenna on the board, but the wire is interrupted, the antenna not connected. This TX does not have that problem.
So 'simple' solution is, interrupt the antenna wire near the module and your problem is gone.

There were some posts in the RCgroups Discussion 'Another new 2.4GHz system!' that exactly descibed this.

Reinhard
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

This is most likely not an antenna problem but a known problem with some turnigy tx's trying to use the same channel. As you noted, Frsky does not have this problem. I switched to a Frsky system before my first flight and have had no problems yet.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I set my Taranis down on a bench at the field next to a JR DSM2 system that was there and in and his servos started jittering a lot. I moved away and it stopped. My plane was ok. Good for me, upsetting to him.

Return to “Hardware”