Trouble getting SAMBA set up

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
calla969

Trouble getting SAMBA set up

Post by calla969 »

I am trying to prepare for the installation of my inbound Sky9x board by getting the software set up. I'm trying to perform this step "unzip the file in the tcl-lib folder , it should rewrite the "boards.tcl" file , and create an new folder called at91sam3s4-9x" but I keep getting errors. I'm using 7zip and it doesn't seem to be working. I've copied the .zip file into the correct folder and try to unzip it in that location. Can anyone give me some pointers? I would like to use Companion9x. What do I need to do to get that up and running?

I should add that I do not have the TX or any other hardware connected as I have not received the board yet.
Attachments
These are the errors I'm getting
These are the errors I'm getting

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Trouble getting SAMBA set up

Post by MikeB »

Looks to me like you are running Windows 7. On Win7, the Program Files(x86) folder is read-only, so you can't write your files in it. I tend to install my programs in my own c:\Progs folder. Try re-installing SAM-BA somewhere else, then unzip the files.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
calla969

Post by calla969 »

Perfect! Thanks I'll give it a shot in a while. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
calla969

Post by calla969 »

Alright that seemed to do the trick! Thanks! Now, on the wiki it is mentioned that you have to tell Companion 9x where to find Sam-Ba. I have browsed around in Companion9x and I don't see anywhere to do this. What are the steps to get Companion9x working with the erSky9x board?
gfnk357

Post by gfnk357 »

Click on the Burn menu button and then click configure. This will let you enter the Sam-Ba location. If Sam-Ba is correctly installed this should be all you need to do. You can also click on preferences to choose which firmware you want to use, then it will check for updates automatically whenever you start Companion9x. Since you are using windows 7 don't be surprised if it takes a while for Sam-Ba to start up when you flash your tx.

calla969

Post by calla969 »

Thanks, don't know how I missed that.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”