Nee your guidance to set up my all around Sky9x Tx

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
kaos

Nee your guidance to set up my all around Sky9x Tx

Post by kaos »

OK, my new Turnigy 9X (with RF module and rx) is over pacific now. I already have the following:
Sky9x board, spker, digtial encoder, BT (ebay v2.2), earphone
I am going to use stock LCD screen and HK blue backlight (already have the 150 ohm resistor sent by Skynorth)
I will make another hole for the digital encoder and keep the TRN switch where it is. and probably add another momentary switch on the back.

This is what I am planning on to do with this Tx:
1. I am not using the din-USB. I want to use the built in mini USB for flashing/connecting to computer. I will make a PS2 6pin connector to balance charge a 3S 1500mah LiFe batt that is going into the Tx (to keep it consistent with my existing T9X). I will make some holes at the bottom of Tx box to access all the Sky9X board ext. connectors so I never have to open up the Tx again after it is done. ;)
2. of course to have all the voice, haptic, sound ability
3. BT to Android app
4. Telemetry using DJT module and RSSI signal
5. 16ch ability, this may be the most confusing one for me. I want to use either Flysky module (which I will convert the one comes with the new Tx to removable one or make it built in) or Frysky module for 16ch capability and swappable at will. (I understand when I use Flysky module I won't get telemety/Rssi). Can I use DJT module while put the Flysky module built in to have 16ch? or do I have to have both module of the same kind?
I am not going to use DSMX module with this Tx.
I am thinking for the key ch (1st 8ch) I may use FRysky, but 2nd 8ch I may use Flysky (like for light switches and other not critical things)
I may end up having one built in RF module (or even 2) and one main removable module on the back. Since er9x / Ersky9x is so flexible, the Tx should be flexible too. ;) I am going to use the existing antenna for a built in RF module.

from what I have been reading in the past few months, it seems to me, it is doable. Definitely need your help to accomplish this.
I know this is a big project (for me ;) ) , so bear with me a little here. thx in advance!

(by the way, anyone has a pancake haptic buzzer willing to sell it cheap? I found ebay has 7.99 but for 10 of them, don't know what to do with the other nine ;) Alright, I know the answer to that is send one to you :mrgreen: )

gfnk357

Re: Nee your guidance to set up my all around Sky9x Tx

Post by gfnk357 »

There's another option for the USB if you don't want to cut the case. There's a pinout above the USB socket that you can plug into. I had an extra USB board from a smartieparts board that plugged right in (after switching a couple wires). Then it just feeds through into the battery compartment. I don't know if things like this are available separately from the smartieparts board but if not it shouldn't be too hard to knock something together.
kaos

Re: Nee your guidance to set up my all around Sky9x Tx

Post by kaos »

thx for the suggestion. But my goal is not to open the Tx at all (including batt door) for daily uses ;) , unless I need to ad more mod/function to the Tx.
My other er9x with Smartie I reposition the usb board facing down and cut a hole to connect it so I don't need to open the batt door for flashing or backups.

Like this:
Attachments
120419-6.jpg
120419-3.jpg

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”