FlyBarLess 500

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
michaelgriffin

FlyBarLess 500

Post by michaelgriffin »

I'm pretty new, but I learn fast. I built a Trex 500 clone with the ER9X system (which I think is great). I've only been in RC Heli's for about 7 months. What do I need to know to convert to flybarless. Money is an issue, but I will do whatever is best. I'm sure this has been discussed here before.

Thanks, Mike

gohsthb

Re: FlyBarLess 500

Post by gohsthb »

I have one of these flybarless controllers:
http://www.hobbycool.com/hobbymate-flyb ... p-715.html
It has been very good so far.
The other thing you will need is a flybarless head, Hobbycool has those also.

Then you will need to set it up. As far as the radio side it will be much more like an airplane that a helicopter. The flybarless controller does all of the swash mixing. See this thread for an idea (linked to thread is in the heli section)
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1215

Why do you want to convert to flybarless?
-Gohst
michaelgriffin

Post by michaelgriffin »

Why do you want to convert to flybarless?
I needed repair parts for the original rotor head, and I think that flybarless is the way to go. I'm going with the gyro you pointed out. Looks like the "Micro-Beast". Also ordered the DFC head. I've been flying a 4 channel flybarless fp heli all year.
After everything is installed and set-up, don't you think this is the way to go?
I looked thru the manual, and it looks like "Chinglish". I'll be needing much more help when I start the set-up.
Last edited by michaelgriffin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Another thing that will make your life easier is a digital pitch gauge. Which is just a digital level, check harbor freight for a cheap one.
I asked because some people just think it is cool. The setup is very specific with a flybarless, and takes some patience. Also setup cannot be completed unless you can fly the heli around some. And then some people just do better with mechanical things they can see. Flybarless is a computer, there are a lot of settings you cannot see.
I have heard some people were using the beastx v1 manual for setup.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
michaelgriffin

Post by michaelgriffin »

So, what is the latest (best) eepe file to use with my Hobby Mate FBL? I'm ready for my maiden flight, and I'm going to re-check everything from scratch. Including the gyro set-up. I've done a couple of low speed ground tests, and I think I'm just about there. I want to make sure. Thanks.

- Trex 500 pro (mostly), HB fbl, HB dfc head-

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1215
-Gohst

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”