eeprom error!

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
vivek

eeprom error!

Post by vivek »

Hai!

today i tried to flash my friend's radio with ER9X firmware, used the eepe software and i followed the steps as per manual, and also i have flashed around 5 radio's for my fellow flyers at the field.

today to my surprise i found this error after flashing the radio, when i switch on the radio the screen says " EEPROM EEROR" with a continuous sound. tired to reflash but the programmer is not able to communicate with the software.

Any solutions on this? Pls help me out! as i am a coding illiterate!

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
eeprom error.JPG

GrootWitbaas

Re: eeprom error!

Post by GrootWitbaas »

easy, just press a button and you should be sorted ...eeprom from stock firmware does not work on custom firmware.

O and welcome to a new world with er9x :)
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
vivek

Post by vivek »

GrootWitbaas wrote: O and welcome to a new world with er9x :)
Thank you GrootWitbaas :D :D

This is not the usual eeprom error which pops up while switching on the TX for the first time?

i did everything possible but could not go further on this.

It keeps flashing this error and gives a loud continuous sound nothing more!
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

This is the error from the original firmware.
For some reason you are not successful in flashing er9x to the radio.

Try flashing it again.
If it still doesn't work, copy the output of the AVR window and post it here.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
vivek

Post by vivek »

Thanks erazz!

will try to do it now

some how my smatie parts programmer is not interacting with the radio, will try to solder wires and flash it!

GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

just to be sure, this is not the 1st time you flash, and it is not on your own radio. You were using the SP board to do this ....so please check is this a V1 or v2 radio, check this topic for info on it. Like Erazz said try re-flash. I once had a complete dead brick in my hand, made sure of the connections from the board, and next flash all was well again. Sorry I was 90% asleep when I read your post, thought it was 1st time flashing :oops:
vivek

Post by vivek »

GrootWitbaas wrote:and it is not on your own radio.

thats my issue! it is my friend's sole flying apparatus!

It is a V2, will try to solder and flash it, still have to get hold my soldering equipment with that pointed kinda tip! :D
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

before you start soldering....
1st check he does not have a coating over some pads on the radio ....clean them all, test again. next if this did not work, lossen the 4 screws a little, gently "wiggle" the board and press down to make sure it makes good contact. while doing this see if you can flash it again. I am fairly sure if it is the 1st time his radio gets flashed it may have a small coating like flux on some of the pads. this is very common when people install the programmer. Normally they are scared at that time and does not try to flash to the radio, but just try to read it ...so they don't end up with your problem, but I'm sure this is the case. There should be no need to solder if you have a SP board.
vivek

Post by vivek »

Thanks for all the help!

i thought i screwed his radio! :p did manage to flash it with the SP Board and now its working like a charm!

Thanks GrootWitbaas and erazz
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Please post what you have done, so others can benefit from your experience
Westy

Post by Westy »

Hey all,

I had This exact Error (with the solid tone) happen when I was mucking around with my TX (V2) when going from STD to ER9x and back and forward to make sure I know what I was doing and how certain things did certain things.

I ended up having to use AVR8 to recover from this and it worked.

It came up with an error with unexpected chip code or something like that when I tried to flash it and kept repeating the EEprom Error
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

I got the eeprom error when I tried to save my stock file from my flysky using the smartyparts board. This erased my original factory firmware. I took out the smartieparts board and cleaned the contacts (again). The companion 9x and smartyparts board then worked correctly. I have to leave my tx on when programming. I now have a working open9x tx. Soldering may be a pain, but it is more reliable after you get all your mistakes corrected. I have the backlight working and will install the telemetering mod next. Thanks for the help to all who wrote in this forum.

Return to “er9x”