3 Pos Switch Flaperons or Just Flaperons - How To

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
GeekPros

Post by GeekPros »

Hi,

There is a Youtube video showing how to setup 3 pos switch flaperons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIklG35-rU . I do everything on that video and I can never get the Gyr to control the Ail or flp. I read in another topic that someone basically stated that this does not work in the V2 system and they had to get new firmware to do it. Is this true?

I guess I'm going to order the programmer and do this but I would like to fly with flaperons before I upgrade if possible, and help others figure this out too. Here are the steps from the video to create the 3 Pos Flaperons.

I have aileron 1 on channel 1, Elevator Channel 2, Throttle Channel 3, Rudder channel 4, No gear on 5, Aileron 2 on channel 6.

I have the Ailerons working while using the flap channel for the 2nd Aileron by using mix 1.

Auxilary channel 5 is set to Throttle Hold Switch

Mix 1 is Active, Master is Aileron Channel 1, Slave is Flap Channel 6 with up and down rates at 100. SW is ON, which makes this always on.

Mix 2 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave Aileron, DNRate is set to 100, Switch is Set to ID2. When I switch to ID2 this flap should move, but it doesn't.

Mix 3 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Flap, DNRate is set to -100, Switch is set to ID2

Mix 4 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave Aileron, DNRate is set to 50, Switch is Set to ID1. When I switch to ID2 this flap should move, but it doesn't.

Mix 5 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Flap, DNRate is set to -50, Switch is set to ID1

Mix 6 Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Elevator, SW ID1, Curve L point set to 35%

Mix 7 Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Elevator, SW ID2, Curve L Point set to 15%

This 3 pos flaperon does not use the Flaperon function in the V2 Th9x (mine is the Fly Sky).

When I have the Throttle Hold either direction and The ID switch in any position, the ailerons continue to work as normal and do not move in to flap positions, ever. Can you tell my what I'm doing wrong, what I've missed on the video, or do I need new firmware to make this simple feature work?

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Welcome to the stock firmware! Nothing works as expected :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
suchislife

3 pos Flaps with retracts

Post by suchislife »

Ok, I have finally figured out 3 pos flaps, with retracts, ail on 2 separate channels and still able to use throttle hold as a motor kill/safety switch.
Thought I would share, since I spent many hours searching and couldn't find a simple 'how to' to get this working

ch1:ail 1
ch2:ele
ch3:throttle
ch4:rud
ch5:gear (on y lead)
ch6:flap 1
ch7:ail 2
ch8:flap 2

In menu -> func setting -> aux-ch, chanel 5 should be 'gear'. 6,7,8 and 9 should be 'null'.

In menu -> func setting -> prog mix, mixes are as follows:
(adjust uprate/downrate to suit, but the key is to keep them the same in each mix, unless you want flaps to change position with the gear switch. Uprate is flap position with gear up and downrate is with gear down.
MIX1 (Aileron mix for ch 1 and 7)
state : act
master : ail
slave : aux1 (only shows 'aux' for both aux1 and aux2, but you will hear a second beep if you press left again, to go to aux2)
offset : 000
uprate : 100
downrate : 100
sw : on (mix is active always, regardless of any switches)

MIX2 (flaps up)
master : gyr
slave : flap (this is ch6, we mix in ch 8 in MIX5 )
uprate : -75
downrate : 075
sw: nor (this is position marked 'N' on the 3pos switch)

MIX3 (flaps mid)
slave : flap
uprate : -025
downrate : 025
sw: id1 (this is marked '1' on the 3pos switch, middle position)

MIX4 (flaps full down)
slave : flap
uprate : 030
downrate : -030
sw: id2 (this is marked '2' on the 3pos switch, switch is all the way back toward you.)

MIX5 (links flaps ch 6 to flap on ch 8)
master : flp
slave : aux2 (again, only shows 'aux' for both aux1 and aux2, but you will hear a second beep if you press left again, to go to aux2 )
uprate : -100
downrate : -100
sw: on

to use thr cut switch, set menu -> func setting -> thr hold to active and 000%. It's far too easy to knock the throttle during setup and cut yourself :)

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”