PX4 airspeed sensor with openX

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

akodrun

PX4 airspeed sensor with openX

Post by akodrun »

Dear community,

I am using various sensors and model flying applications with openXsensor, vario/altitude, voltage, GPS, IRS, ... all working good!

This time I tried to attach an airspeed sensor. It is for PX4 with 4525DO type of sensor. (link below)

The generic code to read the sensor, does the reading ok, so the connection seems ok.

The radio (Taranis) picks up (receives) an value for airspeed data (adding a sensor automatically works), but the reading always shows 0.0.
Seems like the Arduino is not receiving data or is not able to read data from the sensor. I tried to configure openXsensor code, but have no idea what could be missing/wrong.

Can you please check the code and see if you can give me some advice? Thank You!

Code attached in file.

Sensor: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... BC3svyLLKw
Attachments
openXsensor 4525DO.zip
(325.45 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Carbo

Re: PX4 airspeed sensor with openX

Post by Carbo »

Did you try to swap the pressure connections on 4525D0? Negative airspeed data is not processed.
akodrun

Post by akodrun »

Dear Carbo,

Thank you for the reply. I did. It is not yet installed in the model, so I was just using a gentle blow in the proximity of either tube. It actually works with generic code to read the sensor data. But this is not the case with openX code.

Please any more ideas?

Thank you
Andrej
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

I'm not sure if anyone tested the latest changes in the code. You can try with an older version of the code. Please find attached an older version that should work with MS4525 if you do not have one yourself. Your config files seem OK to me.

openXsensor.zip
(309.29 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”