Advice / clarification of setup ersky9x

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
stotty1111

Advice / clarification of setup ersky9x

Post by stotty1111 »

Hi all
Bloavez mad / Happy New Year one and all!
The following might need moving to a more appropriate forum topic!
I have been asked by a modelling colleague to set up his 9XR Pro to control a 2 motored boat. Fine, i have installed V tail mixing and have both motors working fine.
I have a small problem with the motors, when going either forward or reverse one of the motors starts to rotate about 5 secs before the other motor, and in reverse the same sitution but on the other motors, howcan i adjust the tx to give a situation where the 2 motors start together both in forward and reverse? Do I need to use the curve settings, which i have used previously controlling just one motor and a water jet system. I can see how it might work but i don't have a clue how to do it because of the mix.
Help please!
Thanks
Tony S

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Advice / clarification of setup ersky9x

Post by MikeB »

Why a 5 second delay in the motor starting?
Sounds as though the speed controllers are using different centre positions. I would try changing the sub-trim (in the limits menu) on one of the motor channels to adjust the centre output position.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What controllers are they? Car ones tend to behave differently in both directions. E.g. if you go from backwards to forwards they respond instantly, but if you go from forwards to backwards they initially brake for a couple of seconds, and only then start accelerating backwards.
stotty1111

Post by stotty1111 »

They are un named chinese pieces costing about 5 - 6€, 10amp with a 20 instantaneous, no central brake function, so straight from forward to reverse!
The two motors, when both run with the same directional rotation start together in both directions. Because the motors are being run anti clockwise and clockwise for forward propulsion and vice versa for reverse I would assume the centre points of the 2 controllers are the same. I originally thought it could be a motor problem!
I will try the limits sub trim later this afternoon.
The start delay is probably only 2 secs max, and the motors are industrial 380 equivalents.
stotty1111

Post by stotty1111 »

ok, have achieved an equilibrium with the two motors using the sub trim settings for both motors in the limits area.
I am now a happy bunny, thanks Mike.
I have added this to my little book of crib notes, again many thanks!

Return to “Hardware”