Radiomaster TX16S binds Spektrum AR637T receiver but funny issues

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
123jhe

Radiomaster TX16S binds Spektrum AR637T receiver but funny issues

Post by 123jhe »

Hi

I've moved the post, since I think I got the wrong section before... Sorry. Hope I'm in the right spot now.

I've programmed my Radiomaster TX16S for a while now and it works just great. I normally use Graupner HOTT receivers.

Now I'm setting up a Horizon Night Timber BNF with Spektrum AR637TA (BNF version of AR637T) receiver. It is supposed to support AS3X and SAFE Technology. I can bind ('DSM X 2F' protocol) and map the channels. I get SAFE to work and can switch it on and off. AS3X works as well. But there is a strange malfunction which drives me crazy.

Problem:
When I give more than 50% Aileron left, then the Throttle is stopping, indepentently of the Throttle position ( > -100%). When I give Aileron right, the Throttle keeps working.

Expected behavior:
Throttle is not affected by the Aileron Output.

What I did to test:
If I exchange the receiver to a HOTT in keeping the mixes (only remapping channels), the problem does not occur and it flies nicely.
If I bind a Spektrum transmitter from a friend to the Spektrum AR637TA receiver, the problem does not occur.

So it is not my mixing. I Think it must be caused by the combination of the TX16S and the Spektrum AR637TA receiver.

I run the latest firmware on the receiver (2.3.11-otx) and the internal module (V1.2.1.92 AETR).

THANK YOU FOR HELP!

wbmathis

Re: Radiomaster TX16S binds Spektrum AR637T receiver but funny issues

Post by wbmathis »

Can I ask how you got as3x and safe to work? I’ve got the TX16S and an AR8360T. Binds without issue, but it’s my first non-BNF Spektrum receiver and though it has as3x and safe, it requires forward programming to enable those features. Supposedly OTX 2.3.10 and up has some forward programming support, but I can’t find how. The 3 BNF Spektrum planes that I have all worked with as3x and safe without much trouble.

To take a stab at your problem, I’d say try a new model setup from scratto ser if the problem goes away.
wbmathis

Post by wbmathis »

Answering my own question because someone else may want to know.
As of 2.3.11, DSM Forward Programing LUA Tool/Script only supports "other settings", so no "gyro settings".

As a workaround, I purchased a used Spektrum DX6e and successfully used it to temporarily bind to my AR8360T and enable gyro, AS3X and SAFE. There's a video online by Horizon Hobby showing how to setup a "T" receiver through forward programming and they state that most AS3X/SAFE receivers that come in RTF and BNF planes just have the default gains set anyway, so you probably don't need to change any of those settings. You can when using "Forward Programming", but might not be needed. It is needed to use "Forward Programming" to enable the gyro, AS3X and SAFE, so until OpenTX devs add that functionality, using a Spektrum Transmitter is the only way. Hope this helps somebody.
MichaelJ

Post by MichaelJ »

Hey there, I was hoping that you could kindly help out PLEASE. I bound my conscendo evolution AR637TA but the SAFE/ AS3X is always on. I understand the AS3x will always be on I believe but I putt Safe on channel 5. I checked the monitor setting and it goes from -100 to 100 but will not switch off. I bound the plane with both battery/bind plug and the other way by removing the bing plug etc. I even followed the last step instructed to pull the sticks down and right corner ..hold and toggle switch five time...but no beeps, no movement of surfaces....this was supposed to activate that switch for on and off ....no dice...when I bound the plane I used DMS X.11....I noticed that you stated "2F"? Anyway, I am about to throw in the towel LOL....I really do appreciate any help
thank you Sir

Mike
[email protected]
NivekWell

Post by NivekWell »

Hi guys! I'm flying the night timber x (ar637ta) with a jumper tx.
works good I have all the telemetry in openTX except rssi.
Am I alone in this situation or is this normal: no rssi on ar637ta???

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Spektrum doesn't do RSSI.
jannus

Post by jannus »

123jhe wrote: I get SAFE to work and can switch it on and off. AS3X works as well. But there is a strange malfunction which drives me crazy.

I have bind a Radiomaster TX16S with Spektrum AR631 but cannot get SAFE attach to a switch. How did you do that.

I want to made SAFE select switchable and assigned switch SB to channel 5. Moved the sticks to the inner low corners and flipped the switch SB many times but that did not result in any reaction of the the flight control surfaces as an acknowledge of change.

Return to “openTx”