Yet another X9D+ brick post

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
DesertFlier

Yet another X9D+ brick post

Post by DesertFlier »

Hi all, thanks for making this place exist.

Yes, I have bricked my X9D+. It was working before I tried to flash to 2.3.15, now zero power in "regular power on method" or in Bootloader power on method (trim tabs squeezed in while powering up)

I have read all the forum posts I can find, I've watched the video from Joshua Bardwell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RvQFaq-Pg8 (which was great but did not fix my problem).

I've connected via USB2 with radio powered off, windows 10 picks up my controller and shows no issues, that is it shows as STM32 Bootloader with no issues.

Tried to flash with Companion with the following error:

F:/Companion 2.3/dfu-util.exe -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000:524288 --device 0483:df11 -UC:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/1744-flash-check.bin
=================================================================================
dfu-util 0.7

Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to [email protected]

Filter on vendor = 0x0483 product = 0xdf11
Opening DFU capable USB device... ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0483:df11] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="?"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: error get_status

=================================================================================

Any suggestions here? I think it is possible a conflict with the DFU location or perhaps I have actually found a way to brick this thing. I am no expert with Companion but I can say that the X9D+ was working fine, then I tried to flash to 2.3.15 and I am bricked.

Thanks!

DesertFlier

Re: Yet another X9D+ brick post

Post by DesertFlier »

Hi again all. Well I figured out a remarkably easy fix to this problem. I moved to a a different computer and got it to come back. I think the Admin settings in my main machine was preventing the Companion from being able to flash the firmware and it kept just kicking out by not being allowed to recognize the device.

Does this make sense to anyone else who may have had a similar issue? Just curious for future endeavors.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”