9xr pro problems

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Anthonyc

9xr pro problems

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi all

Im trying to change the voice on startup and switches to custom voice commands. i understand that you have to rename and change the file sin the voice folder on the sd card but the peoblem i have is muy sd card is blank and there are no sub folders?
Am i doing somethig wromg here?

Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9xr pro problems

Post by MikeB »

If you have some voices now, the SD card can't be blank!
Are you using erskyTx or openTx?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

hi ive manged to add the voice pack and change the welcome voice to a custom 1 but the problem i have now is its really slow and completely different from the voice clip!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The .wav file needs to be 16kHz sample rate. How did you create the file?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi mike

thanks for the reply, so im using tts automate. Ive managed to get the startup and shuutdown into custom voice files. I would also like to change Ele D/R Ail D/R Rudd D/R and gear. and have voice files for the left and right position on the rudd stick. could you advise me on how to do this? also the custom files ive created are quiet, is there anyway i could increase the volume on these please?
Thanks for your help

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To adjust audio files try downloading Audacity. This will easily enable you to increase the volume and/or change the sample rate. You may even use it to record your own files if you have a microphone!

Do you need help creating the voice files or to control when they play on the radio?

Also, please answer "Are you using erskyTx or openTx?".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

i have audacity but found tts automate to be better. i have created the files i just need help to control when they play on the radio. i haqve a 9xr pro using erskytx

thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Audacity will easily increase the volume of a file.

To get files to play, use a "Voice Alert", here is some information about them:

Voice alert documentation:
Trigger ON means play the alert when the alert condition becomes true. This is a combination of the function of the source becoming true and the switch turning on.Trigger OFF means play the alert when the alert condition becomes false.
Trigger BOTH means play when the alert condition changes to both true and false.
The filename use the one specified when the for ON, and has the last character incremented when OFF. For example have two files called Flaps1 and Flaps2. If the trigger is BOTH, then Flaps1 is played when turning ON and Flaps2 is played when turning off (the files could be called FlapsA and FlapsB).
Trigger ALL is for 3 or 6 position switches or flight modes. This is like BOTH, but you may have several files. You could use a 3-pos switch as the switch and ALL as the trigger, with three files called Flaps1, Flaps2 and Flaps3. When you move the switch up, Flaps1 is played, in the centre Flaps2 is played and when down Flaps3 is played. If you have a 6-pos switch, then you have 6 possible files that are played.
At the end of the switch options (after LO and ON), there is an extra option "FmD" for flight mode. This works like a multi position switch. when using a trigger of ALL.
Each time the flight mode changes, the (adjusted) file is played. So you could have files of Fmode0, Fmode1 etc. and each of these is then played when that flight mode is selected.
If you use a trigger of a number, then the alert is played repeatedly, with the specified number of seconds between each. This is also controlled by the switch (and function), so with no switch, or a switch that is off set, the alert doesn't play. You may set the switch to "ON" so the alert plays all the time.
There is also a trigger value of "ONCE". such an alert will just play once when a model is loaded.
The "On delay" causes a delay before an alert is played, it does, in fact, also cause a delay if the trigger is OFF! It is more a delay for when an alert is to be played. If the triggering condition goes away before the delay has finished, then the alert is not played.
This is most useful when using a trigger of ALL. If you have a 3 or 6 position switch, then having a short delay (say 0.3 seconds) prevents positions between the current position and a new position being played.

To play a file when you move the rudder stick to the right, try setting the source to Rud, the function to "v>val" and the value to 10 and set the filename.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

MikeB thanks so much. ive managed to increase the volume and assign all voice commands to the required switches. all i need to do now is sort out my mixes and get it all working with the electronics!! Thanks again for all your help

Return to “Software”