Binding D8R-2 Plus Rx to QX7 Tx.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
plasticbaldy

Binding D8R-2 Plus Rx to QX7 Tx.

Post by plasticbaldy »

I'm using the QX7 Transmitter.
Elsewhere I have read that the steady green light should be illuminated on my D8R-2 Plus Rx when it's bound. There are Youtube Tutorials showing this. But mine is red as described above when I bind it. It 'behaves' bound but I don't trust this because these receivers (I have 3) 'behave' bound - ie servos move - with every model programmed in my QX7 Tx without these models being having been bound to these D8R-2 Plus receivers.
Also the prescribed failsafe procedures don't work with the D8R-2 Plus and my QX7 Tx. Is there something unusual about the QX7 Tx and D8R-2 Plus combination.
Yes - before you ask - Transmitter RF Mode is in D8. External RF is OFF.
Various other models are programmed in my QX7 Tx and all work with their bound receivers including V8FR-2 and other FrSky receivers. Selecting these models in my QX7 Transmitter and powering up any of 3 of my D8R-2plus Receivers I get the red Rx light and servo movement with ALL of them without having bound these models in the Tx to the D8R-2 Plus. Apologies for being repetitive but these models have been bound to other type FrSky receivers such as V8FR-2.
What's going on here ?
If these D8R-2 Plus Receivers respond to QX7 transmissions without having been bound then I expect to get interference from other people's Transmitters.
Then there's the problem with non-functioning Failsafe.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Binding D8R-2 Plus Rx to QX7 Tx.

Post by MikeB »

When bound and receiving from the Tx the RED LED is on solid and the green LED is on dimly. When not receiving, the green LED is off and the red LED is flashing.

When using D8 mode, there is NO use of the RxNum value (D8 doesn't support it), the receiver is bound to the Tx module (not model specific) and will respond to any model set to D8 mode, as should the V8FR-2.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
plasticbaldy

Post by plasticbaldy »

You didn’t understand my posting Mike.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Clarify it then, I'd have understood and answered the same as he did.

You are expecting your D8 stuff to do things only D16 can.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

plasticbaldy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:08 am
If these D8R-2 Plus Receivers respond to QX7 transmissions without having been bound then I expect to get interference from other people's Transmitters.
Then there's the problem with non-functioning Failsafe.
Bind is one think, failsafe is another.

It is not possible for one receiver to be bound to different radios or RF modules. Not without modifying the module's software.
So, no, that won't happen, it is just not possible. :)

I think you are speaking about is the model match feature, where every model/receiver is linked to one model slot on the transmitter? If so, it is not possible with frsky D8 mode. It is possible if you use the open Source MultiProtocol module. But not with original Frsky stuff.
With original frsky radios and modules, every D8 receiver bound to them, will listen and control the model's servos.

Setting failsafe from the transmitter is also not possible with D8 equipment. Failsafe must be set on the receiver.

I hope this answers your questions

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

plasticbaldy

Post by plasticbaldy »

Thank you Joao. The failsafe won’t bind with the appropriate receiver process using the Rx failsafe button. I’m aware of the correct failsafe setting procedure using the Rx failsafe button.
Also these receivers respond to my QX7 Tx without having been bound.
There’s something weird going on here.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you saying you have NEVER bound these receivers to the QX7? If they have been bound once, to any model, then they will respond to ANY model that is set to D8 mode.
When I described the LED operation, in the second post, this is what I saw when I tested a D8R-II PLUS with my QX7.
I just tested the failsafe operation as well. It worked as described in the manual, just a short press of the receiver F/S button (less than 1 second) set the failsafe. Note that with FrSky receivers, they only enter failsafe if they have received a valid signal that then disappears. They do NOT enter failsafe when first powered and no RF signal is present.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
plasticbaldy

Post by plasticbaldy »

OK. Thanks Mike. The D8R-2 Plus was bound to a model on D8. I didn’t expect it to respond to all the other models that were set to D8. I expected this Rx to only work when the model selected was the one set when it was bound. So all is OK.
I’ll try to set failsafe again. Maybe I held the Rx failsafe button too long but I didn’t see an Rx light blink. Some confusion was caused by watching a YouTube with a Chinese girl on ‘HeliBasicsTV’ demonstrating binding procedure that ends with an Rx steady green. She shows the Rx green LED. You need to search for this on YouTube search - not on Google.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

A receiver is bound to one transmitter at the time ONLY. Nothing to do with models..
The original D8 equipment DO NOT have model match. This means that any receiver bound to the same transmitter will listen to it at thw same time. If you have 6 receivers bound to the transmitter, turn they ON, and move the controls on the radio, they will all respond to the commands at the same time.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
plasticbaldy

Post by plasticbaldy »

OK. Thanks everybody. Got Failsafe to work now. Anything more than a 1 second FS button press resulted in FS not setting. A half second press works. A 2 second press doesn’t set the FS. Thanks again. :D
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yep.. I.wonder why you were pressing it long? Actually a long press on the receiver failsafe button (I think when radio is OFF), sets the receiver to work with digital servos only. It doesn't work very well though, as far as I have read about it. And it can damage normal analog servos. When you power the receiver without radio ON, a fast blink means digital mode and a slow blink means analog mode..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
plasticbaldy

Post by plasticbaldy »

Thanks Joao. I’ll check this.
My long presses were only about 2 seconds.

Return to “Hardware”