er9x and simulator

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
tman

Re: er9x and simulator

Post by tman »

Hi, just thought id chime in :)

Also having problems with the 9x (er9x), being seen on phoenix.
Got the emu going and can use an old usb e-sky 4ch just fine on it but not the 9x.
Both sets show in windows, and can be calibrated under usb game controller in control panel.
Have the basic HK dongle, and it works great on Real Flight with the 9x, but not phoenix. Just errors about not being anything connected.

Dongle outdated perhaps???
I see the top of the line deal extreme one has a switch and seen it link up straight away on youtube... so get me wondering.

About to play with the 2 player option again.... (couldn't see where in phoenix to switch it on??)

Have 1k resistor mod done too.

Also does the 9x work straight away, (plug and play), with the genuine phoenix dongle and software? Cos I lost mine....( insert tui slogan here).

(p.s. Westy I like phones, as your just over the hill id be keen to give you a call.)

Cheers

Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

I thought the Phoenix dongle was encoded to prevent copying?
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

er9x and simulator

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hobby king are selling them for peanuts. Guess it has been cracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
tman

Post by tman »

Ok so now I see there is a specific phoenix dongle on HK, and I have the other one..... presuming that's where the problem lies.

Have tried multiple emus, off HK files, and others to no avail.

Still not seeing how to load up two pilots anywhere,(as per Westy's recomendation), but perhaps that's only because phoenix is only seeing one controller, (e-sky).

Thoughts anyone?
Westy

Post by Westy »

Are you clicking on the Run Phoenix Button? ... what emulator are you using? the one I suggested ?

You need to plug in your controller .... and install the EMU in the directory of the Phoenix where the EXE run file for Phoenix. them you must set up a desktop shortcut of the EMU (making sure you copied all the DLL file and Exe files that come with the emulator in the Phoenix main directory.

Hope this helps

Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

My post on the subject of the resistor mod:

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/11/turnig ... istor-mod/
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With the latest er9x, you may choose the protocol PPMSIM (if you enable it). This sends the PPM stream to the trainer port via a different internal signal that avoids the tx module, thus the resistor mod is not needed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
G550Ted

r760 Problem

Post by G550Ted »

I flashed both of my radios to r760 yesterday. One is a Turnigy with the stock FlySky module and the other is a FlySky with a Corona module. I previously used the FlySky/Corona with Phoenix without any mods or issues, and of course, the Turnigy/Stock radio wouldn't work without removing the module.

After flashing the FlySky/Corona TX I set PPMSIM to ON and it would no longer work with Phoenix. Got the "Transmitter Not Connected" warning and no response to the sim. Turned PPMSIM to OFF and it works fine.

As for my Turnigy/Stock TX, it will still NOT work with a sim with PPMSIM either ON or OFF unless I remove the module. Again there are no hardware mods to the radio.

Am I missing something here?

Ted
Crucial

er9x and simulator

Post by Crucial »

Did you enable/disable the setting in the model you use for the sim? There is a global setting and a model setting if I remember correctly.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Bingo! Thanx, Crucial. I had overlooked the selection in the individual model setup. :oops:

Ted
Wtaylor3

Post by Wtaylor3 »

I just received my 9 in 1 simulator and the USB dongle does not have a switch on it....is this ok or will it be a problem?
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

the new version does not have a switch is an application in charge of changing the control to the proper sim
Shogo

Post by Shogo »

Everything works for me excepting throttle channel. Phoenix does´n t seem to recognize it and I´ve also found a youtube video from someone that seems to have the same problem. Anybody can help me?
Westy

Post by Westy »

Ok ..... I had problems with this too.... however I have solved it.

In you TX (ER9X) with my template ... see beginning of this thread..... make sure you have your Heli or Plane sim with PPM and on 6 channel with 300uSec standard frequency of 22..mSec

..... then make sure you have the following done.
1. switch on the Tx off.
2. trainer mod done or latest EEPE ..... set up your PPM sim in main menu and also for each model you want to run (you should have separate models set up for the sim .... one for heli and one for Plane)
3. If you are using the emulator .... and you get a blank line in the select joystick field...... do this

Go into Control panel and Game Controllers ..... and make sure you have selected the PPM controller.... you will also have to callibrate it in there.

Now you should close your emulator and re-open it and you will see something like ....microsoft joystick... select it and click run button.

should run and you will need to go into Systems and my controls to callibrate your Tx and you are away!

Good luck. .... let me know if you have any issues.
Westy

Post by Westy »

Special note.... If you have actually done the Resistor mod..... DO NOT TURN ON PPM SIM feature in the main menu .... or you will get no joy!
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

Using Westy's awesome template i managed to get a 7th channel working ( only tested it in his plane sim atm will test in heli soon )

in the 7th channel just add 100% Half Rud :) looking for more, need that 8th channel , I suspect its going to be a pot though :)

now the useable switches should be rud throttle and gear
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Westy

Post by Westy »

Also ..... O have found that on Channel 4 ... you need to INV it .... well in my heli config in real life anyway

Return to “er9x”