Being able to move curve points along X axis

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
duststorm

Being able to move curve points along X axis

Post by duststorm »

Sorry if I'm repeating an old question. I searched for this, but couldn't find anything.

I'd like to create a roll/pitch curve for "super acro", being a setup with very high rates in betaflight.
What I'd like to achieve is scale the curve down linearly, giving it a lower weight so that the curve is flattened but linear. This to give more fine control in most of the stick range. Then at the very end (near 100 and -100), I'd like it to increase very steeply towards 100, allowing to achieve the full rates when moving the sticks to their extremes.

In OpenTX you can freely add points on the curve and move them along the X axis to the position you require, which allows me to easily do this.
I tried doing this on ersky9x, and the best I could achieve was a 9 point curve (from the curves menu), and adding a sharp increase from the 75% mark. While this works, I lose quite a bit of stick range, and would prefer to move this last marker to 85 or 90.

My question is: is it possible to do this in ersky9x/er9x and is there some option I might not have spotted?

Was there a reason why curves were implemented more rigidly in er9x than in opentx, like is there some implementation or architectural detail that prevented more freedom in editing curves? Or was it simply that this was not high on the developers' wishlist and that no more time was spent on this?

jhsa

Re: Being able to move curve points along X axis

Post by jhsa »

Depending on which version of ErSky9x you are using, you may find that curve 17 is a 9 point curve that you can also edit the X axis..
If I'm not mistaken the next release will have one more of these curves. Curve 18.

You will find curves 17 and 18 on the last test version. You can dowload it here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The XY curve was certainly added by r218.
Originally openTx was the same as ersky9x for the curves. For ersky9x I chose to keep the same functionality to avoid making users have to reprogram any models that used curves, or have to provide some sort of automatic update that might not do the correct thing, and would prevent reverting to an older revision without needing to have a backup ofthe EEPROM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
duststorm

Post by duststorm »

Aha, so that's the reason! Makes sense :)
That's great news, I'll give it a go.
But so that means that, currently, er9x users are out of luck? Or is this portable/did it get ported to er9x as well?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No it isn't in er9x. This is mainly because there isn't much spare flash space in the MEGA64 processor, the extra code just won't fit.
It would be possible to add it for those using a MEGA128 processor if there is a need.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think that is a good idea. The latest radios seem to come with an m128 I believe, so it makes sense?
Also many people changed the processors of old radios so they could have more features (flash), eeprom space, and in my case for example, also more RAM with the m2561 processor ;) :)

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've managed to add a 9-point XY curve into er9x for '128 and '2561 processors, I've still to post a test version with it in though.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”