Need help with 3 pos switches addition

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
bradgreene

Need help with 3 pos switches addition

Post by bradgreene »

I hope somebody can help me diagnose my problem with my 9xr pro. I converted the rudder,elevator and aileron 2-pos switches to 3-pos according to the wiring diagram here in the forum. I have the aileron 3-pos switch working as I expected (I think is is) but something is wrong with my rudder and elevator switches. Here is a pic of the elevator and rudder switches http://s24.photobucket.com/user/bradgre ... 4.jpg.html
I doubled check all the connections and they all look ok. Anyway this is what happens when I go to the DiagSw page and test the switches:
AIL displays [up arrow,dash,down arrow] for all three position which I think is correct. The RUD displays [up arrow, dash, dash with the ELE displaying up arrow] for all three positions. The ELE only displays dashes for all three positions.

MY version of ersly9x is:
V.110-Mike
ersky9x-r217
REVB-X

When I go to the DiagAna screen and move the ELE switch , A9 displays 0000, 07F0, 03C5. The last digit may ne inaccurate since it is very faded on my display.

Also, I was with the impression, that after I do the hardware upgrade, I had to go to the HARDWARE section of the Radio Setup and change the ELE,RUD and AIL to 3POS. But all I see is the following:
ELE <EXT1-3, DAC1, ANA, 6PSA, 6PSb>
RUD <EXT1-3,DAC1, ELE>
AIL <EXT1-3, DAC1, ELE>

What does this all mean? Am i missing something? Thanks very much for all your help in advance.

Danny

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Need help with 3 pos switches addition

Post by MikeB »

Set the ELE switch to ANA, as this is where you have connected it.
If you used the wire that used to go to the ELE switch to convert the RUD switch, then set the RUD to ELE.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
alsand

Post by alsand »

Since you converted the AIL switch to 3-pos, you also have to set AIL in the HARDWARE menu.
If you connected the extra wire to J2-2 (the spare digital input on the second slot from the top of the J2 connector on the left) then you should set it to DAC1 :?: IIRC.

Mike or João, please confirm...

Alessandro
bradgreene

Post by bradgreene »

Thanks Mike, Alessandro. Everything is working now. I also found the answers and explanation in one of the threads in the ersky9xr forum section.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”