Rx-Err warning

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
indept

Rx-Err warning

Post by indept »

After getting my wrong pro firmware issue fixed, I connected a 10 ch s-bus orange R1020x receiver via s-bus (bind pins on this rx) no problem binding. all controls work good & I can control all 4 motors BUT I get a constant flashing red light from the Naza FC lite with the V2 firmware as if battery voltage warning was on but thats not it (3s battery is at 12.36v). When I connect to my PC the naza software gives me an Rx Err with the following message: "Please may sure you select the right receiver type in the RC page or check the receiver connection,after that power cycle your controller to take effect." I have "D-Bus" checked (why it doesn't say S-bus I don't know) and everything works I have the Orange Tx 2.4 ghz module installed in the Pro. Anybody have any ideas?

Additional info: reconnected a 3ch s-bus orange rx I used with normal green flashing last week, now has the same constant red flash. I go outside, power it up & starts out 3 red 1 green flash then after a few seconds I get all green flashes (gps locked on sat's) as soon as I move the sticks to start motors the constant red flashing starts. Motors still come on and constant red flashing continues. Battery still at 12.3v so that is ok. I did disable battery monitor in software and still flashed red?????? I did redo all calibrations including compass cal.

indept

Re: Rx-Err warning

Post by indept »

Reconnected the 10 ch Rx traditional (non s-bus) and all works fine. So at this point s-bus not an option. Is it possible there is a firmware issue with the Orange tx & rx modules and s-bus? The 3ch reciever I mentioned above works via s-bus when I had the wrong firmware (the 9x version which caused the exe & Rud trim switches to work backwards. Thanks to Mike B. he pointed out my mistake on that one).
sassod

Post by sassod »

I see that this post is old but looking at my problem finaly found what I was lookin for. is there anybody that was able to make sbus work with turnigy 9xrpro and orangerx recievers. I'm konstantly getting RX_ERR on naza and I dont know what to do next.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi sassod,
I have not used sbus, so I am not able to help with sbus orange-rx receivers failures.
indept wrote: all controls work good & I can control all 4 motors BUT, I get a constant flashing red light from the Naza FC lite with the V2 firmware, as if battery voltage warning was on, but thats not it (3s battery is at 12.36v).
When I connect to my PC, the naza software gives me an Rx Err with the following message: "Please may sure you select the right receiver type in the RC page or check the receiver connection, after that power cycle your controller to take effect."
I have "D-Bus" checked (why it doesn't say S-bus I don't know) and everything works I have the Orange Tx 2.4 ghz module installed in the Pro. Anybody have any ideas?
Additional info: reconnected a 3ch s-bus orange rx I used with normal green flashing last week, now has the same constant red flash. I go outside, power it up & starts out 3 red 1 green flash then after a few seconds I get all green flashes (gps locked on sat's) as soon as I move the sticks to start motors the constant red flashing starts. Motors still come on and constant red flashing continues. Battery still at 12.3v so that is ok. I did disable battery monitor in software and still flashed red?????? I did redo all calibrations including compass cal.
I found what I did wrong when why I was getting a constant flashing RED LED light from the NAZA-M Lite Flight Controller.
See here for what I did to the fix the problem: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=8978).

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
sassod

Post by sassod »

Hi thanks for a quick response, I have all settings correct it works as it should THR,AIL,ELE,.... x1 and x2 configured ok for IOC and possible gain settings in the future. All works on asistant as it should.

After power on the naze does a self chek (all ok) -> 4x yellow starts to blink ( intialization, all OK) -> then green, red-red-red repeats ( GPS atti mode ready to start motors ).

At this point all seams ok, even in assistant no error mesage untill I move the sticks when I move the sticks for 3-4 seconds in any direction the error apears in assistant or if not connected to computer red light starts to blink fast.

I have tried to configure the 9xrPro on the setup 1/13 screen to all possible seconds but no effect.

Thanks for reading this and a bigger thanks for trying to solve my problem....

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Did you run a stick calibration in the Naza?
sassod

Post by sassod »

OK yust figured something out!?

weird as F***......

After bootup I can do whatever I wish to the RUD, ELE and AIL,X1 & X2 no matter how hard I move them it all works as it should!!!!

If I move THR up and move the stick anywhere but the lowest point all works as it should!!!!

As soon as I touch the "bottom" ( THR stick at mininum ) the led changes to fast red blinking!!!!

Can someone explain this to me as I'm out of ideas.... Why is the low point so important that it gives error??
sassod

Post by sassod »

Kilrah wrote:Did you run a stick calibration in the Naza?
Hi yes the calibration was made numerous times, stick calibration X1 calibration, GPS calibration all of it....
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

You may want to try doing a complete reset-up / recalibration.
I have had to completely reset-up / recalibrate of everything sometimes.
Which did help to get everything working properly.

I do not have the 9XR-Pro and this info may not be of any help,
but this is my Mixes that I use with erSky9x on Taranis.
The Taranis comes with 3 position switches, so you would need apply the proper switch names and calibration switch values,
for the switches you have chosen to use.
The 9XR-Pro only come with one 3 position switch which you may want to use for the Course Lock and Home Lock switch options.
I moved the Manual switch option to a separate switch, so I would not by mistake switch it on, causing an out of control crash.
erSky9x Mixes for NASA FC_on Taranis.jpg
erSky9x Mixes for NASA FC_on Taranis.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 7570 times
CH5) Atti Mod, GPS Mode: on switch SG
CH5) Manual Mode: on switch SA
CH5) FailSafe (Home Return): on switch SE
CH6) Off, Course Lock Mode, Home Lock Mode: on switch SD
Channels 7 and 8 are being used for FPV Head Tracking.

Also note: when calibrating your switch mode values, (Radio mixes / NASA F/C / with PC setup program) made sure
the switch values are several calibration unit values into activating NASA F/C flight mode switch setting.
If it is only one unit values, it may not be enough to make the Mode switch setting every time when you activate your radio switch.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
sassod

Post by sassod »

OK finaly got this working...

As I found out the naza accepts values from -100 to 100, the 9xrpro was outputing on the THR chanel more than -100 and because of that the naza rejected the value and went to error modde. I had to limit the values sent from the 9xrpro to the orangerx by adjusting limits on the 9xrpro. after the limits were adjusted the SBUS is working perfectly.

thanks for all the answers.

I have another interesting problem with naza and that is that every time I do a ESC calibration with the esc connected directly to the orangerx the calibration is than overwritten by the naza the first time the CSC command is engaged. after that the csc command works and the motors start.
I thought that naza is not outputing the calibration commands and I'm wondering why am I having this every single time.
also when first CSC command is engaged the escs will not all have the same calibration so the motors will not all have the same response resulting in fliping, drifting, and all other problems that ocour when the ESC are not properly calibrated.

I'm using a protoboard to calibrate the escs all together and calibration directly on the orangerx is working 150% as it should, but when the naza redoes the calibration and I connect them to the rx again via the protoboard every single motor starts at different THR values.

This problem is maybe best to be in a seperate thread if so please tell me and I will open another thread for this.

thank you again all
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The ESCs must not be calibrated to the range the radio puts out, but to the range the flight controller puts out.
Calibrating ESCs directly on the receiver to whatever the radio outputs does not make any sense and never did, but many people never understood that.

The FC should have a calibration function where it puts out its own end points for the ESC to memorize, and many do. The Naza doesn't because DJI considers you should only be using DJI ESCs with it which are factory-calibrated and can't be further adjusted so there's no need for one.

You need to figure out the Naza's output range (can probably be found online), temporarily set the radio's limits to match with any required margin (a new model is the best solution), Calibrate the ESCs on the receiver with those settings, then go back to the normal range the FC expects as input.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”