ELE & Rud Trim backwards???

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
indept

ELE & Rud Trim backwards???

Post by indept »

I found last night that whenever I adjust the trim via the front panel trim controls, the Pro front panel display shows it traveling backwards (IE: up on ELE shows it going negative ) same for RUD left shows it going right. THL & ALE are ok. I went back to the 212 firmware & it is ok. Am I missing a setting or is it a firmware issue? I looked in the 217 manual and did not see anything??? I didn't do anything to my knowledge in any mix / trim to change this. FYI: Orange Tx & rx which shouldn't be an issue since I see this on the Turnigy 9XR Pro display running the ERSKY9 217 firmware???

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ELE & Rud Trim backwards???

Post by MikeB »

Very odd. I'll investigate, but nothing has been changed in that area. Is it just the trims that are wrong, and the sticks are correct?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just flashed both r212 (Displays version as 204) and r217. I'm using mode 2, and both the ELE and RUD trims show the same movement on the main display.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
indept

Post by indept »

Thanks for checking Mike. Is there a setting to invert just the trims? I'm on vacation this week so I will investigate further. And see if there is anything I can do.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, the trims should be fixed in direction. One test is to create a new model, and see if the trims still get reversed between the old and the new firmware. It's very odd as I downloaded the actual two release files and flashed them with no trim problems.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

indept

Post by indept »

What seems strange is that it's only RUD & ELE. I will try your suggestion when I get the chance & Let you know, Thank you
indept

Post by indept »

Mike,

I created a new "plain vanilla" model with no logical switches, mixes etc. The trim switch is still backwards on both the Ele & Rud. I went to the DiagSwtch screen & it shows negative when Ele pushed up & Rud pushed right. So does this say I have a defective 9XR Pro? If that's the only issue & it's consistent then do I open it up & either physically flip those switches around or re-solder the wires to the switch in the correct configuration? my only other option would be to pay to ship it back to HobbyKing & hope they agree it's defective and possibly deal with the argument that it was fine with the original firmware.

Thanks for your help,
Dom
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What's odd is that r212 is OK, yet I tried both r212 and r217 and they are both OK for me.
2 things to try please:
1. Try r215:
ersky9xr_rom215.zip
(126.65 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
2. Go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894, download the ersky9x.zip dated 14-Jul-2015 18:17, extract ersky9xr_rom.bin and try that.

Please also check the r217 you are using is ersky9xr_rom.bin, and not ersky9x_rom.bin (the one for the original SKY board). These trims ARE swapped between ersky9x and ersky9xr.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
indept

Post by indept »

MikeB wrote:
Please also check the r217 you are using is ersky9xr_rom.bin, and not ersky9x_rom.bin (the one for the original SKY board). These trims ARE swapped between ersky9x and ersky9xr.

Mike.
That's REALLY odd, If you install the correct firmware everything works like it's supposed to.. :o
Thanks Mike, that was the issue.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”