ReSt

Re: Turnigy 9XR General

Post by ReSt »

May they fit into the TGY9x ?

Reinhard

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, the pots are different from the 9x.. but, this radio is working with er9x, so, that woudn't be a problem I think..
No to know the measurements of the pots.. but for that maybe we have to wait for HK. Maybe they will supply them..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

They wont fit the 9x because they attach differently. The screws are attached from the inside of the radio through the holes in the gimbal and thread into the front case.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes, but that is the complete gimbal I suppose?
I meant the pots ;)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I cut off my 6 pin avr plug when I soldered in my programmer wires. I don't think I have another one anywhere. :(

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I completely forgot to snap pics of the pot I had out and now it is back together. Sorry guys.
featherodd

Post by featherodd »

Latest er9x seems to work flawlessly on the 9XR. I migrated over my models and flew some WLToys using an the old 9x module. No issues yet. Backlight, beeper, pots, switches, sticks all working as they should. Next will test the JR trainer port with Phoenix RC.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Good news ;)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I will say that the radio does look much harder to mod. The case is very limited in space.

I also do not like the new buttons at all. I think overall the 9x is still a much better radio.
featherodd

Post by featherodd »

Crucial wrote:I will say that the radio does look much harder to mod. The case is very limited in space.

I also do not like the new buttons at all. I think overall the 9x is still a much better radio.
I agree the new arrow buttons are horrible and significantly worse than the mediocre ones on the 9x, which sucks. Otherwise I think the 9XR is great. New gimbals are nice and smooth and having two significant mods already done is a huge win. Kinda nice too to have an old version of er9x pre-installed but somewhat irrelevant since you can simply re-flash it the moment you take it out of the box.

If the deal breaker is really that you can't fit more electronics inside the case, well good thing you can still buy both ;)
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Another thing I don't like is the feel of the throttle stick. It isn't smooth feeling at all. I tried adjusting the metal pressure strip and added some silicone grease but it is still rather terrible feeling. Part of the problem is that the stick is looser feeling toward the bottom part of the travel and feels tighter as it goes up. It isn't linear in the resistance. In order to tighten up the bottom travel resistance the top part starts to get too tight. In looking at the design it seems that the cam isn't centered under the metal strip as it goes around.

And my exit button sticks. Very annoying.
HeliGijs

Post by HeliGijs »

If i understand it properly, the 9xr has among other changes, the following:

- New batteryconnection to use with the balancing plug of a lipo or life
- new powerswitch/regulator pcb with fuse of 350mah so we can charge with more than 1A
-new chargeconnector lead to be anle to charge the lipo?
- aux 5 pin powerconnectors on the powerswitch pcb

Now what i woklf like to know is if we can make those changes on the tgy 9x as wel. Especially the +1amp chargecurrent and also the connector for the lipo.

Is it possible, and if yes, how?

Gr
Heli Gijs
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

This post mentions a problem with the Futaba port. Maybe when you guys get your TX you can verify the issue. I dont even have Futaba but thought it would be worth mentioning here.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2501#p35328
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

HeliGijs wrote:If i understand it properly, the 9xr has among other changes, the following:

- new powerswitch/regulator pcb with fuse of 350mah so we can charge with more than 1A

Now what i woklf like to know is if we can make those changes on the tgy 9x as wel. Especially the +1amp chargecurrent and also the connector for the lipo.

Gr
Heli Gijs
Because of the 9x 1A diode the 9x should never e charged at 1A. Maybe 800Ma.
As for charging a life battery. I change one plug connector to a orange JST and charge through that one at low current if left in the tx.
Life is not as prone to fire and the lower current helps.
I also have spare life batteries since their cost is so low. I just number and date the packs and rotate them into service if one needs charging. I keep the spare charged.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Please add a location to your profile. Thank You
Elmardus

Post by Elmardus »

rperkins wrote:This post mentions a problem with the Futaba port. Maybe when you guys get your TX you can verify the issue. I dont even have Futaba but thought it would be worth mentioning here.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2501#p35328
I have tried a lot on the trainer port , I will post a schematic soon, including the fix I did...
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Available soon - 9XR programmer with cable and necessary adapter - sold as a bundle - USA location

Expecting a greater demand for usbasp programmers and the 10to6 pin adapter needed for the 9XR. Going to provide it as a bundle. Anticipating price to be $10 including shipping. The main advantage, well to USA locations, is that the product is in the country and will ship within 24 hrs via USPS first class.

Put in a test run order of 15 units. We'll see how that goes. Wont have them in hand for 3 weeks.

Probably could use some guidance on what is acceptable on the forum.
1. message in signature mentioning bundle
2. post specifically to mention bundle
3. anything more than that will depend on outcome of trial run.

thanks
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Oh my, I think I may have found another problem.

I posted this on the 9xr forum in response to Elmardus' problem. Can anyone else with a 9xr test the PPMSIM setting and verify that their radio does NOT output a PPM signal over either trainer port with the radio turned on by the main power switch and the PPMSIM setting turned to ON?

OK, I have done some additional testing. Input and output work on both of my ports. However, there is a flaw.

At first my 9xr wasn't working as a slave over either port which would mean the output of the ppm signal was not working. I double checked that PPMSIM was enabled. Then I unplugged the Flysky module. My module is not modded for the PPM OUT flaw because PPMSIM in the firmware was used to correct that. Sure enough when I unplugged the module The PPM out started working over the jr port. Here is where the flaw is. The futaba port does not turn the radio on by itself. You have to switch the radio on with the main power switch. The problem with this is that when you turn the radio on it automatically starts looking for a PPM IN signal on the trainer ports. The PPMSIM setting is supposed to override this BUT PPMSIM isn't working on my 9xr. Setting it to on does nothing to make the PPM OUT signal start working.

This means that anyone using an un-modded Flysky module will not be able to use the 9xr as a slave radio while the module is plugged in. This is the same fault as the original 9x but for some reason the software fix using PPMSIM > ON isn't working. Also, the futaba plug will not work as a slave trainer unless you have something plugged into the jr port to kick the radio on.

I re confirmed that using the 9xr as a master works just fine on both ports. The PPM IN signal on the trainer ports works every time on mine.

I did not flash a regular version of er9x onto the radio to test it. I don't have a proper programmer plug to do this yet. All of mine are 10 pins.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I wonder if that has something to do with that new multiplexer IC.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
HeliGijs

Post by HeliGijs »

ShowMaster wrote:
HeliGijs wrote:If i understand it properly, the 9xr has among other changes, the following:

Gr
Heli Gijs
Because of the 9x 1A diode the 9x should never e charged at 1A. Maybe 800Ma.
As for charging a life battery. I change one plug connector to a orange JST and charge through that one at low current if left in the tx.
Life is not as prone to fire and the lower current helps.
I also have spare life batteries since their cost is so low. I just number and date the packs and rotate them into service if one needs charging. I keep the spare charged.
SM

Please add a location to your profile. Thank You

Could you give me some partnumbers or pictures or such? I want to by a life bat which fits in the 9x and use an external powersuply to charge

These connectors are really dubious because we use slightly different sizes here in holland.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

What a waste of time the new 9xR forum seems to be.

Only answers for support seem on always be from the members of this forum!

Ah well... To be expected. I think they set it up only to say they have a support forum - all about marketing I guess :)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

The best answers we can give there are links to the answers here :)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I think they are convinced they can draw the folks from this forum to their forum to take care of business for them. So far it seems to be working for them. Once they reach a critical mass of users... they could become the default 9x forum -- I believe that's their end game. I just hope it's transparent enough not to happen.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I think they are convinced they can draw the folks from this forum to their forum to take care of business for them. So far it seems to be working for them. Once they reach a critical mass of users... they could become the default 9x forum -- I believe that's their end game. I just hope it's transparent enough not to happen.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

ok, ill stop posting there
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Only if development on the 9x stock board doesn't stop :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I thought of quitting it but I can't find any way to?
As with everyone commenting here, not much exciting going on there.
Now that others are receiving and posting details and pictures of their 9XR even that's not a reason to check in.
But then I may miss ground breaking firmware updates their crack engineering team will post.
Or will I ?
SM

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

HK just included er9x and open9x as approved software ;)

http://www.turnigy9xr.com/

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Excellent!

I asked Antony do do that last week - means they are listening :)

Nice :)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hi everybody.

I'd like to know if the future Turnigy module for the 9XR will provide telemetry as well, or not.
Question of the week at the 9XR forums :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

jhsa wrote:HK just included er9x and open9x as approved software ;)
That's a good thing. Nothing better than being approved by the best. ;)

I see that they have taken things a step further.
If you have written software that you feel should be featured on the site, please email us. We will feature it here as community software, and if it makes the grade we will certify it as approved
Now what can be added to the 9XR that isn't already available by using Open9x or9x? If they had changed the processor for say an m128 then things could have been done, especially with 9x.

So who is the first person that is going to get certified?

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”