9XR for sale

Hardware Support for the 9XR
Crucial

9XR for sale

Post by Crucial »

Edit: sold!

Anyone want to buy a new 9XR? Slightly sticky exit button is the only flaw.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: 9XR for sale

Post by Rob Thomson »

Wow! That was a quick buy & sell!!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I hope I get mine from china before the novelty wears off.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I just got a personal review saying the push buttons go against bare coper pads on the board, ugh!
I wonder how that's going to work until they become intermittent?
Mine's still shipping somewhere?
It would appear that HK kept it's original promise, a $50 radio unlike the 9x that started out as a $100 radio that sells for $55.
This thread could get real busy buying and selling.
SM
dvogonen

Re: Sv: 9XR for sale

Post by dvogonen »

Mine are intermittent from the start...

The up and down keys work every second time I push them. The left and right are OK, while the Enter and Exit keys are perfect.

Apart from this the radio really is a quality boost. The soldered contacts have been glued and the soldering handiwork in my transmitter is very nice. The case is held together with more screws and the front plate acts as stiffener. I don't know if this was the intention or if they just wanted it for the bling factor. In any case the transmitter feels very sturdy. Kudos to the mechanical engineer that designed the case. There are several very smart mechanical solutions to reduce the use of screws and rely on self locking components. Sticks and especially the switches are on another level than in the 9x.

But I hate the ergonomics and there isn't room to mount anything inside the case :-(

One strange detail is that they must have intended to have a built in lipo charger. There is a plugg inserted where a small PCB was supposed to go with a contact. The contact would have been in the battery compartment besides the balance contact that is used for power. The missing contact is clearly marked "main plugg" and the balance contact "3s balance".

It is possible to make a small PCB and use the mounting groves behind the plastic plugg. This would make it possible to expose a contact to the battery compartment which is oversized . I guess that this would be a nice way of installing removable modifications like internal transmitter boards or a SD card reader.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I notice my left hand keys may require double pushes.
So if the scroll function in turned on in the latest versions of er9x that may be the fix to avoid the buttons.
SM

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”