New RadioKing TX18S ?

Help and support for any other brand radios
propnut

New RadioKing TX18S ?

Post by propnut »

Hi Guys

Do we know if this new clone of a clone of a clone.....will be supported by OpenTX anytime soon. It seems to be a Jumper T18 dressed in RadioMaster TX16S clothing.

https://www.radioking-rc.com/

7OFFeleven

Re: New RadioKing TX18S ?

Post by 7OFFeleven »

Hello
Is there no support in sight yet?
Think that there could be a lot of interest already!
Greetings
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Likely just Jumper making a mess, no reason to expect it's going to be any different or better than the T18. There will not be any explicit support but I guess there's no need for any and it just runs T18 firmware.
propnut

Post by propnut »

So I went ahead and bought one and am VERY happy with the purchase. On the outside it is a RadioMaster TX16S but inside it is 100% a Jumper T18 but with all the niggles sorted. The SD-Card module is properly soldered, the internal charging works and apart from the screen there are no ribbon cables. It does have a touch screen which can be confirmed by going to the calibration analog section.

I have upgraded it using the Jumper T18 version of OpenTX 2.3.10 and no surprises it worked perfectly and so can happily commandeer it with CompanionTX. As an FYI I also own a Taranis X9D, a Jumper T16, a RadioMaster TX16S and now the RadioKing TX18S. At this stage the Jumper T16 and the RK TX18S are my favourites in that order. I do NOT like the gimbals on the RM TX16S, they were way too tall from the factory even on the lowest adjustment necessitating the addition of gimbal spacers and new stick ends. Also the switches are very fragile. Even an old Turnigy 9X had better quality switches. The gimbals on the RK TX18S are an order of magnitude nicer. The reason I prefer the Jumper T16 to the TX18S is just the way it feel in my hands. I do not like the chunky hand grips on the back of the TX16s or the TX18s (they are the same) but that is just a personal choice of course. Functionally all the radios are the same.
solentlife

Post by solentlife »

Had mine a few days now and struggling with openTX ... upgraded to 2.3.11 ... and of course lost Touch Screen (I know its not fully implemernted till 2.4 vers) ...

I like the feel in the hands ... rear grips fit well ... but sticks are too short, even at max ... will replace with longer. Throttle stick needs more tension ... its too easy to move ...

erskyTX has been made available as a test version - so waiting to see reports from more able testers than myself. I'm a basic only user and not really able to test. If its good - then I can transfer my vast hangar to it - as I have been an er9x / erskyTX user for many years.

One basic niggle : All the sales piccies show the switches and pots with contrast colour markings on the case. But when you get your TX - all markings are without contrast and need a magnifying glass and good light to read !! They are just moulded in the case ..
Yes - when flying - you don't have time to 'read' labels ... but when programming - it would be handy to have those clear labels. I have ordered gold Dry Transfers to sort mine.

Return to “Other Radios”