X9D SE 2019 won't start after upgrade -- HELP

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Vbdino

X9D SE 2019 won't start after upgrade -- HELP

Post by Vbdino »

I upgrade OpenTX to 2.3.12 and then downloaded the 2.3.12 firmware. My brand new radio was set in firmware update mode. The update transfert when well. Then on the radio, I selected Exit, the screen went off and the power button is now blue.

I can't do anything with it. I tried the tool DFUSE but it can't detect the radio.

Vbdino

Re: X9D SE 2019 won't start after upgrade -- HELP

Post by Vbdino »

Ouf! I managed to get back in firmware mode and updated the firmware from sd card using firmware from FRSKY instead of OpenTx community. It is now at 2.3.12.

But I don't have the LUA script supports for mixes displayed. What should I do?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to get the OpenTX one with the lua option selected. Seems you might have used a firmware file for the wrong radio version. Make sure the selected radio type is X9D+ 2019 and the file you download has 2019 in the name.
Vbdino

Post by Vbdino »

I fixed it returning to FRSKY firmware from their site. Then tried to bind the receiver RX8R and it would not work. Had to downgrade the ISRM firmware to v1.1.0/1.1.3 FCC to successfully bind the receiver.

After that, I applied OpenTX 2.3.11 provided by my reseller and now I have the custom script page for adding LUA mixes.

I don't know if I should upgrade the receiver as I haven't find much information about its relation to the ISRM firmware. If there is an order for apply firmware or a risk to brick the receiver.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”