X9D Plus 2019 reversed

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
ruski73

X9D Plus 2019 reversed

Post by ruski73 »

... yeah I know.

Thought I'd get away with leaving the reading glasses of to plug the battery in.

Worse than reversing it ... I put the two pin in - not sure which way. Could have been plus to plus and minus up the centre which I think is the balance. Or some other combinatrion of possibilities. Not for long but a half second in reverse polarity land seems like an eternity.

Got the spark and the magic smoke.

Plugged it all back up after a few moments and got power. But reckon there is some issues.

It's only pulling from the second cell of the 2S 2600mAH. And pulling fairly hard. So hoping it was the battery - got another.

Nope. Same issue. Not sure if it was happening before - but there may be a resistor getting warm.

So basically I'm just emptying cell number 2 rapidly. Here's my couple of hundred questions.

Would a NiMH 2600 be a reasonable work around for this issue? I can get one of these locally maybe but it wouldnt have the balance plug looking thing which plugs into the taranis. We dont really have Covid here in Brisbane but theres also a lot of other things we dont have so that might have to be an international. Do NiMH cells go ok at 35000ft?

Or ... would scraping the diodes off the board help?

Is it a new board? Got enough skill to replace that but I'd be defecating broken glass while soldering the ant on.

Do I throw it over the left shoulder and get a Jumper?

Any opinions welcome.

Judgement for the error which cause this though - no thanks. I'm all full up there.

Cheers ... R
Brisbane, Straya, World, Universe.

Jayf

Re: X9D Plus 2019 reversed

Post by Jayf »

Hello maybe f1
Attachments
Screenshot_20210210-110253_Google.jpg
(742.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”