No Response to Throttle Inputs

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
MatthewInnov

No Response to Throttle Inputs

Post by MatthewInnov »

My RC (X9D+) has been working fine, today I rebooted my drone (developer drone running PX4) and there was no response to throttle inputs. I checked the readout in my ground control software, all channels are getting through as normal (roll, pitch, switches etc.) but throttle value always remains at its zero value.

When I set the display page on the Taranis to show stick positions, throttle stays at zero, all other inputs are as expected. This is why I believe the problem to be with the Taranis and not the drone I am flying.

I have created new models within the Taranis, there still seems to be no signal coming from the throttle as shown on the interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what may have gone wrong, and how I could fix it?
Last edited by MatthewInnov on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: No Response to Throttle Inputs

Post by Kilrah »

Sticks not properly calibrated?
MatthewInnov

Post by MatthewInnov »

I've tried calibrating the sticks, I have the same problem. When calibrating there is absolutely zero motion in the throttle direction in the onscreen visualization of stick position. Throttle worked before, and no calibration happened before it stopped working.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Check in the diag page for the analogs, if there's no change there when you move the stick the gimbal pot or its wiring have failed.
MatthewInnov

Post by MatthewInnov »

Thanks for your help, I opened it up and one of the pin connectors was slightly loose, just straightened it out and that seems to have fixed it!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”