x9d+ wont power on nothing from usb and click from speaker

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
martink1974

x9d+ wont power on nothing from usb and click from speaker

Post by martink1974 »

hi i have a x9d+ that was working but now when i turn on i just get a click from speaker and nothing else , i replaced the switch board as it seemed i had no power to large regulator on switch board bit still nothing

i have tryed with usb cable and pc does not see anything also tryed entering boot loader mode and that does not work eather , is there any service manual for this radio , what are the common problems in this case

thanks in advance

martin

jhsa

Re: x9d+ wont power on nothing from usb and click from speaker

Post by jhsa »

Did you ever open the radio and separated both halves of the radio without disconnecting the battery first?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
martink1974

Post by martink1974 »

i did have it in 2 halfs yes to change gimbles but i did not disconnect ribbons , i thought i might have damaged ribbons but i checked them with multimeter and they seem to have continuity on all pins, is there any guides to diagnose what is issue , some have said to replace mainboard but im not sure that is even the issue , and aparently there is a regulator somewhere but can only see one that is obvious to me and thats on power switch board

i do get 3.25v at r76 on mainboard

thanks

martin
OldGlory

Post by OldGlory »

I am having a similar problem. I heard a buzzing sound coming from my closet and it was the x9d+ that had turned itself on all by itself despite the fact the switch was in the off position. It was hot to the touch. I had to disconnect the battery to turn it off. After this it would not turn on again although I can hear a slight speaker noise. I changed the switch, but it did not help. So, its either the main board or the other smaller board. What concerns me is that I have another Taranis. Maybe its a good idea to unplug the battery when not in use since the on/off switch does not appear to be an actual on/off switch, but rather some type of logical switch.
uniqueoperator

Post by uniqueoperator »

Similar problem: it was working with no issues during a flying event. After event, it was turned off. Back at workshop, x9d+ was placed in charger. Normal procedures as always followed.

x9d+ is less than year old. It has not been opened. It does have a r9m 900m xmtr.

Next day noticed clicking from speaker.
Turned on x9d+ and clicking continued, no display, no audio other than clicking.
Turned off x9d+ and clicking stopped.

Repeated with R9M removed. Same results.

Repeated, except after turning on, plugged in the usb to pc with OpenTX running (normal procedure).
PC, windows, ack a USB being plugged in with a ding (not normal for this procedure).
No display, however, pressed the - and then ENT buttons on x9d+. sequence to tell x9d+ to be a USB connection and to act as SD storage device.
PC did not recognize any device other than initial ding.
OpenTX did not see Radio and displayed the No Radio Recognized error... turn on radio (x9d+).

Removed SD card from x9d+ and inserted in PC.
Recognized by PC and files (logs, etc) can be read from SD card. Backed up SD card to PC.
SD card appears Good.

There were no changes to MODELS prior to last flying event.
I do have all the models backed up on OpenTX on PC.

Some what thinking x9d+ has self destructed.

Would appreciate and welcome some comments and ideas of other things I've not tried before attempting the Return and Replace with the supplier I bought x9d+.

Thanks.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”