Programming for a ccpm helicopter

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Scram

Programming for a ccpm helicopter

Post by Scram »

My brain is frazzled so I hope for a bit of advice on this subject.

I am using a Taranis X9D+ running OpenTx 2.1.9 with applicable Companion for Windows.

I'm transferring my helicopter flying from my old Futaba T9C and I have successfully generated a program on Companion/Tx for my Sceadu 50 Evo helicopter with conventional cyclic control. I now wish to generate a program via Companion/Tx for my other Sceadu 50 Evo which has a ccpm swash and flybar, therefore need ccpm mixing in the transmitter.

I like to use templates generated by others as the best way into complex programming so when I found a thread on HeliFreak, ( https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=598718 ) near the beginning I found templates for ccpm programs which I have downloaded, read into Companion and worked on to provide a fairly straightforward listing. On reviewing the servo outputs I find that waggling the right hand stick is ineffective in moving any of channels 3, 4 and 6 from their current positions although they do move in response to the LH, throttle stick. I think that original eepe listing was generated for an earlier version of OpenTx but is converted appropriately by Companion on reading it in. So 2 questions:

- where am I going wrong?
- should I update to OpenTx 2.2.4

I think I do not want to go to 2.3.x as I'm using a lot of V8/7R type receivers.

Advice appreciated, maybe link to more appropriate template .eepe. ? Thanks.

Jerry
Sceadu_2ccpm_22-11-19.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

Scram

Re: Programming for a ccpm helicopter

Post by Scram »

Problem solved when I found the Manual for OpenTx 2.2.

Section 9 - Part 1 of How To's had the instructions I needed, so now I can get on and set up my second Sceadu helicopter.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”